Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 12-11-2004, 02:43 PM   #1
tnorfitz
Established Member

M.O.C. #2069
Paint problems with the 2005 GMC 2500HD

Has anyone out there had any problems with their paint job on a GMC or Chevy 2500HD D/A. We noticed that the paint wasn't applied properly. I found color differences in different parts of the truck. Some of it was on the external metal below the back window, on one side only. Most of it seems to occur in corner areas like where the tailgate is. The undercoating shows through. The wheel wells and firewall are signifinantly lighter also. We noticed this after we returned from Phoenix and had an oil change. The operator pointed out that there was hardly any paint on one side of the firewall. That is when I started looking the truck over and found many lighter areas on the truck. The local body shop that does GM warranty work says that he may not be able to paint this truck properly, due to the fact that he can't tell whether the truck has the proper amount of paint on it anywhere. He is afraid that if he spot paints the bad areas by factory specs, it may not match what is on the truck. He thinks I should demand a new truck, but I have already installed the Superglide hitch, Linex bed liner, and bug shield and window vent visors. Also has 4200 miles in the 2 weeks we have had it.
Just wondering if anyone else has had a problem.

tnorfitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 02:52 PM   #2
Bob Pasternak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #800
Send a message via ICQ to Bob Pasternak
I find the reviews that Edmund's puts in this site interesting. Be worth looking into before one buys a new truck.http://www.edmunds.com/new/type/truck/large/index.html?typeindex=T&tid=edmunds.n.typeindex.con tent.num2.1.*
Bob Pasternak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 10:01 PM   #3
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
tnorfitz,
I have absolutely no problems with the paint on my 03 Silverado.

I would suggest calling Chevy Customer Service at 800-222-1020 and explain your problem. I'm having a different sort of problem but the custumer service folks have been very courteous and extremely helpful. I had spoken to a Carolyn Woods. She was very understanding and even went to the trouble of making an appointment at the local Chevy dealer for me.
I found them very much like the Montana Customer Service people. They seem to want to go that extra mile to make things right.
Keep us informed as to how the situation progresses.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote