Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 12-08-2004, 09:49 AM   #1
Montana_657
Montana Master

M.O.C. #657
Stainless Pipes Dodge

I now have a dual exhaust,... but....the pipe starts in front...ends in the middle and starts again, and goes further back. I don't think this is good.

South East Diesel wants to put a Banks stainless in, with an engine break.

How much should I expect to pay????

Anything I should know before I start???

Montana_657 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 01:28 PM   #2
Countryfolks
Montana Master

M.O.C. #116
Here's a sample of prices, probably need to add labor up to $150-$200.

http://www.portadiesel.com/products/60l/exhaust.html

I have read somewhere aluminized components last long enough for most applications and that stainless is overkill.

Check on having a big truck muffler installed, Donaldson or Nelson [86131M?]. You can get a Donaldson M090544 [2003-2004 Dodge, 4"inlet/outlet] from your local Kenworth dealer for about $90 and a good muffler shop will be able to install it for about $100-$150.

By the way, DC may void your warranty if you install a brake on a 04 auto. Something about a thrust washer/bearing.

Skip
Countryfolks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 02:19 PM   #3
Native Tex
Montana Master

M.O.C. #375
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Gruffy

I now have a dual exhaust,... but....the pipe starts in front...ends in the middle and starts again, and goes further back. I don't think this is good.

South East Diesel wants to put a Banks stainless in, with an engine break.

How much should I expect to pay????

Anything I should know before I start???
I can only say that I have the Banks Monster exhaust and the Exhaust Brake with the Power elbow package. It is all stainless and has provided excellent service. The heat is the real killer on anything less than stainless. As far as cost, I bought a complete package along with a few other goodies as you can see below. I would call Banks and get a quote, or go on line and check it out.
Native Tex is offline   Reply With Quote