Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 02-11-2010, 10:08 AM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
What are they thinking?

Yellow Volkswagen in the right lane, me in the middle, a SUV in the other lane. The Bug is coming up to her right turn, she leans over to the right, swings into my lane so she can turn. LADY it is a Volkswagen, the wheel base of a baby carriage...
Yep, train horn.
Must have had an I.Q of a lump of coal.
I just will never understand.

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 10:10 AM   #2
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110

Maybe she was texting!
Old 02-11-2010, 10:29 AM   #3
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Doubt if she could spell, but texting is another frustration
Old 02-11-2010, 10:45 AM   #4
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110

I drove beside someone one day that was texting and they kept it up until they made a turn and I lost sight of them. Very scary what people will do. Another time when on my way to work I saw someone driving while eating a bowl of cereal.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:46 AM   #5
gpats
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7742
Ozz--keep em comin'!!!! it's good to have you back---
gpats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 11:26 AM   #6
greener
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7882
She might be a truck driver and just doing what she usually does.
greener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 11:38 AM   #7
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
It is now against the law now to drive and text and use your apps on your phone in Austin Texas. You can talk on your cell phone, but will be fined if you are caught texting. This also means if you are at a stop light etc. The fine was pretty stiff, forgot how much.... I don't text

Colleen
Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 11:51 AM   #8
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Hi Colleen!
Hey, I don't know how to text, got a message on my phone one time, had no idea what to do with it..
I think we have a law against it here in K.C., but the people caught are probably in the single digits.
Old 02-11-2010, 11:51 AM   #9
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
You would be shocked to see what you can see when driving a Truck? I have seen some weird things, when you look down when in heavy traffic. I'm not surprised at anything anymore. GBY....
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 04:05 PM   #10
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Ozz, wasn't it you that upgrumped your horn? If you were able to blaze it at her like I hope you did, while her IQ might be black as coal I hope her car seat was, well, another color comes to mind and it rhymes with chocolate. Did you post this topic while driving? That would be too funny.

You know, it's a real frustration when you are on a two lanes in the same direction road and you are stuck on the slow lane because of traffic and some nimrod starts to merge at street speeds. Don't these idiots know you should be a highway speed when you get on a highway especially in front of 11 tons of plastic and wood. Even though it's probably not nice or legal, I have been known to "educate" them by "not letting them merge" and they learn why the shoulder is made of loose dirt. I will not slam on my brakes for idiots. Wow, that's not very nice of me, but maybe I'll have to get a horn like Ozz.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 04:40 PM   #11
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Art-n-Marge

Ozz, wasn't it you that upgrumped your horn? If you were able to blaze it at her like I hope you did, while her IQ might be black as coal I hope her car seat was, well, another color comes to mind and it rhymes with chocolate. Did you post this topic while driving? That would be too funny.

You know, it's a real frustration when you are on a two lanes in the same direction road and you are stuck on the slow lane because of traffic and some nimrod starts to merge at street speeds. Don't these idiots know you should be a highway speed when you get on a highway especially in front of 11 tons of plastic and wood. Even though it's probably not nice or legal, I have been known to "educate" them by "not letting them merge" and they learn why the shoulder is made of loose dirt. I will not slam on my brakes for idiots. Wow, that's not very nice of me, but maybe I'll have to get a horn like Ozz.
Well said, she just flipped me the bird. She almost hit me, and I am the bad guy. Go figure....
Old 02-12-2010, 02:41 AM   #12
junglejim
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9245
Art, I believe that in Ohio if you slow or speed up to let someone merge and there is an accident it is your fault. Which is why when I am driving in the right lane and someone wants to merge (and I can't move over safely) I hold my speed so the can act stupid. I too have had many choose the soft shoulder instead of getting up to speed or slowing to merge. Oh and one more thing, DO NOT expect me to move over, even if I can, when there is no turn signal on and you are not looking.
junglejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 03:18 AM   #13
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Then there those who are talking on the phone, smoking and not looking, but expect a slot to merge into, they find at the very last minute that they are just out of luck.
Old 02-12-2010, 03:37 AM   #14
junglejim
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9245
ozz,I've been talking with mama and we like the train horns also, but are going with regular air horns to start since most states outlaw the use of train horns. I have a friend at work who is going to wire them into my oem horn button on the steering wheel. That way I can switch between oem and air horn.
junglejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 03:39 AM   #15
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
It's tough trying to multitask...smoke, eat, text, change the radio station, read a novel, put make up on...and lastly...drive!
TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 10:09 AM   #16
pbahlin
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9380
I've had two near head on collisions in the last two days.

The first was on a long sweeping (two lane) curve with guard rails, tight to my right hand side. I came around to find a car coming straight at me and I had no place to go, just locked the brakes and prayed. The guy looked up (from texting I would guess) at the last minute and rocketed out of my lane at the last minute.

The second was at a light with a very broad wide intersection, recently widened out for semis. I was taking a right on the green and a car cut the corner coming from my right. He was running the red that had just changed. He cut so much of the corner that he was actually completely in my lane. The only thing that saved me on this one is that he was going so fast that he beat me through the intersection. If I had been standing on it (as he was) I would have been wiped out, head on.

I live in a city where red lights are meaningless to half the drivers and the other half are just plain stupid.

pbahlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 10:29 AM   #17
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Wow, that is just too close! you were very lucky, glad it worked out. Just shows how easy it is through no fault of our own to get hurt, or in an accident.
I just got back from running a heat service call, a Mexican guy stopped abruptly in front of me to let a girl turn. The idiot did not look to see I was behind him, I locked up and slid. Good thing I have mellowed, a few years ago I would have made the papers.