Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 01-03-2010, 03:05 PM   #1
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Standing Watch

This may be a little late for Christmas or New Years but it's never to late to say thanks!!

Be careful, this WILL tug at your heart strings. It starts a little slow but please read the whole thing and pass it forward. GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS and wish them a safe return .

Please watch this and pass it on! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year and May God Bless you all!

Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 03:55 PM   #2
PapaBeav
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7487
Thanks Ron,

I am glad to see so much support for our troops today, because we got very little if any in the late 60's and early 70's.

Rich
PapaBeav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 04:54 PM   #3
helmick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8890
Ron
Thank for posting that, it`s quite a Christmas Poem.
helmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 04:59 PM   #4
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Even though we didn't get it back then, we all appreciate it now. It is also an honor to thank the young guys now.. Dave PH1/DV Retired USN
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 05:06 PM   #5
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
I try and greet any and all service men and women when I see them around and try to thank them for what they are doing for us! I know I sure didn't get much thanks while serving during the Nam days! I think people have finally started to realize just what these men and women are doing for us and the country!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 09:48 PM   #6
Champ_49
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9045
Send a message via Yahoo to Champ_49
Thanks Ron, God Bless our troops. They give and gave so much!!! It is good to see the support, as you,Rich, and Dave said, we had very little if any support in the Nam war.

Dave & Linda
Champ_49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 09:43 AM   #7
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
I hope that how the troops were treated in Vietnam and even after Korea, are far behind us. I think things are different now that all Americans and not just anti-war voices are being heard. Now, besides the anti-war individuals and negative media, plenty of effort is being attempted by the silent but large majority of citizens to be heard in support of all servicemen and veterans past. How easy is to forget that our right to speak our mind, even against war, was provided by those who continue to go to war to preserve it. It's a fact.

I saw a bumper sticker slogan recently that had a US Flag on it that read "Land of the Free and the Home of those who fight for it". It is a sad reality but very very true.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote