Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 07-11-2006, 01:37 PM   #1
Roamingusa
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4995
Let me vent?

I have been in contact with Dometic via email re: Yes... the dreaded remote thermostat. They have just been terrific!! I get replys right back the same day or next. NOW, my dealer??????? Dometic said to have my dealer call them with all the info, vin#,serial# from AC ect. I took all the information to the dealership and the email Dometic sent me. The gal at the service department acted very "put out" to make the call complaining she would be on hold with them for hours....I had a funny feeling they wouldn't do it so I also sent Dometic the same info.via email. Well I wrote down the wrong numbers ( I sent them the # off the control box)Anyway there was a message saying " I was on hold for 2 hrs with Dometic and you gave me the wrong#" "so as long as you are having your mobile rv man do the work have him call, as we are GETTING NOTHING out of this" NOTHING OUT OF THIS ????? I called back and "blew up" I said I guess the check for the purchase of the trailer was "nothing?" Dometic had also emailed me and said the numbers were the wrong ones, told me where to find them and I emailed them right off. They are sending me the CCC free, we have to pay for labor but we don't care, just want the thing replaced. They said they had to send our parts to the mobile repair guy, but that's OK, he is a very dependable guy, had used him in the past for work on our Roadranger. We would take the trailer to the service department but I have absolutely no faith in them...Hmmm wonder why? We live in our unit fulltime also, so this will solve both problems.
PHEW! Thank you all for letting me vent. LOL (feel much better now)
Chris

Roamingusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 01:41 PM   #2
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Maybe her boss needs to read this post??? I'll bet he has no idea she is talking to customers that way.

CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 01:52 PM   #3
txkrumm
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5920
I do declare, customer service is obviously not one of their strong points. I would have been offended too. I think someone higher up should be informed of the customer service, or lack thereof.
tara
txkrumm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 04:57 PM   #4
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I am very pleased to say I found at the factory tour this week that remote is history. No longer on new Montanas. That was a major relief for me.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote