Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 01-24-2010, 04:18 PM   #1
Ed Benson
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1027
Bouse, AZ camping?

Any body have experience with the Bouse, AZ area - north of Quartzite and south of Parker, AZ??

Ed Benson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 04:44 PM   #2
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Ed,
What exactly do you want to know? One of the MOC members has been staying in the Bouse area for several months. Drop her a PM or an email. Her user name is Parrothead.

There are a lot of parks in the area. They range from very basic to a sort of medium level. No resorts in the area. There is not a lot of anything in the area. So you will need to supply your own entertainment. Make sure you have a satellite TV account.

Good luck.
HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 03:45 AM   #3
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Ed
We are staying at Desert Pueblo RV Resort. The resort name is in name only. We choose this park as a place to save some money over the winter. Monthly rate is $200 plus electric. We have full hookups, generous size lot. There is a laundry and showers and a club house. That is it. All gravel roads and sites. The people here are very nice. We like this type of RV park as we seldom if ever use all the amenities at so many parks. Most of the people here have some type of ATV/Quads/Dune Buggy. Parker is close by to do shopping although there is a small general store in Bouse for emergencies. This type of park is not for everyone but we like it fine.
Happy trails.........................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 05:13 AM   #4
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Sue and Ed,
Thank you. You filled in many of the questions that I left blank. Since you are actually in one of the parks for a while you KNOW exactly what is available. I had forgotten about the ATV thing. There are certainly plenty of opportunities for that sort of thing!

Sorry I did not get to spend more time catching up with you and Ed but it was certainly nice to see you again. I hope we see you folks at more of the MOC Rallies.

Dennis and Mary Kay
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 05:28 PM   #5
clutch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7329
We are always riding our quads and plan on moving over to Bouse the first week in March. We were visiting some friends at the Desert Pueblo Sunday and the park looked to be full. We expect that things will change by March. Ed and Sue, looking at your pic I think you may be parked next to our friends. They are in a green motorhome (a Mountain aire, I think) and have a large trailer and a red Ford Ranger pickup.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 04:04 AM   #6
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Ed,

If you are talking about boondocking, we have boondocked in the Bouse area several times.

There are lots of opportunities for peace and quiet there. Let us know if you need help finding the perfect place.
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 05:57 PM   #7
Ed Benson
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1027

Thanks to all who replied to the Bouse, AZ inquiry - just goes to show what a small worlk RV'ng is - no strangers - just friends we haven't met yet!

Sue - I had gone to Google and looked at a sat view of the Bouse area - yeah - looks like the kind of place you could "plunk down" and relax for a while.

Question - do you folks use a phone card or what to stay in internet touch?? Or does your park have useable WIFI??

Thanks again folks
Ed Benson
Ed Benson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 03:38 AM   #8
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Ed, there is WiFi at the park but they charge for it. $20 per month I think. We have Verizon air card and it works fine here. Cell service is a little sporadic but so far we have been okay.
Happy trails.........................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote