Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 12-11-2009, 06:54 AM   #1
Phyllen
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9165
Port Arthur/ Beaumont TX area

We start fulltiming in 4 weeks. Hubby has a temp job in the Port Arthur/Beaumont area late Feb, all of the March and early April. We are looking for a rv park that is safe with reasonable monthly rates.

Any of you had experience in that part of the country? Suggestions and comments appreciated.

Phyllis

Phyllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 12:19 PM   #2
FLSTS03
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8231
Phyllis,

Waynem, a regular on MOC, list Texas City as his Home Port. Waynem MOC-7673 . I'm sure he'll have a few spots to throw at cha. I just PM'd him for you. Steve
FLSTS03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 04:07 PM   #3
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Wow, I'm familiar with the area, but not familiar with any RV parks in those areas.

Here is how I would approach it. I'd go to RV PARK REVIEWS and see what is being reported on in the reviews. I'd go to the web site of any parks I had an interest in and see what they say about their own park. (All good I'd expect.) I would then use one of the on map services and get a birds eye view of the park to see what the spacing is, and the general lay out. www.bing.com/maps provides birds eye views of many areas. Then, call the chamber of commerce and see what they have to say. Also, you could call the local police department and get their take on crimes in the area.

I wish I could be of more help. If you get a little closer to the Galveston area, I could recommend a few CG's.

Good luck.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote