Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 02-18-2008, 07:08 PM   #1
RailroadMike
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5807
Apollo.......AAAAGGGGHHHH

Hey guys add my name to the list. Has anybody had a problem with the touch pad controls? It seems as if I have lost the bottom row..#'s 7 8 9. Everything else seems to work for now but.....Any ideas? Can I order just the touch pad? How about an idea on how to fix it or who to talk to.....Thanks ....Mike

RailroadMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 07:22 PM   #2
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Sorry to hear it Mike, but as you know it is no surprise. I think Sears is servicing them now but I can't be sure. Here is the contact

Upper Oven
Apollo ½ Time
800-330-9707
www.halftimeovens.com

Mid West Supply
547-472-4283

Glenn has put together a super list of Monty product vendors on the home page under OEM components http://www.montanaowners.com/components.html

Good luck - when your at your wits end, a multitude if microwaves fit in that hole.
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 01:42 AM   #3
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Yes you can order that entire assembly from Apollo. It may be just dirty??
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 02:56 AM   #4
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
4+3=7
5+3=8
6+3=9

I'm sorry, I just couldn't resist. I know my day of the Apollo is most likely just around the corner.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 12:39 PM   #5
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Well after 12 months our 3rd Apollo oven dropped dead.Dinner ready to go, push button..nothing..muttering and cursing follows. It is dead as in no power. Since we have previous experience Helen and I had the Apollo on the island and apart in in 15 min's. Power at the plug..good.There is a little known 20 amp fuse at the right rear..it was blown..did not have a 20 but did have a 10amp..insert the 10 amp and everything worked..will get a 20 in the AM.Meanwhile the apollo is all over the island bar....we had baloney sandwiches for dinner.... Did I mention..it never ends..
Old 02-19-2008, 03:38 PM   #6
hazmic
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4962
Rich I didn't want to hear that. Railroadmike, contact LYNN at Midwest. Is it less then a year old? If so under warranty. Brad was smart and got rid of it but the die hards are to stubborn to give up and keep repairing/replacing them. One of these days we will also smarten up and pitch it and get something trouble free. Until then we can repair them better then SEARS. Faster also. No laughing Carol
hazmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 03:59 PM   #7
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Rich,
Interesting about the hidden fuse, I will have to file that away for future reference (Could you post a pic for us if possible??). The best solution to the Apollo in my case was the purchase of an extended warranty with $0 deductible. At a rate of 3 Apollos a year, it added up to a no brainer, at our current failure rate, the pay back period on the apollow would be less than two years!!
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 04:10 PM   #8
pep1977
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #5248
Add me to the list of people who has gotten rid of the apollo, went to sears and bought a kenmore elite convection microwave. did not want to keep replacing apollo.
pep1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 12:50 AM   #9
TheCoachPotatoes
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3847
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by richfaa

Well after 12 months our 3rd Apollo oven dropped dead.Dinner ready to go, push button..nothing..muttering and cursing follows. It is dead as in no power. Since we have previous experience Helen and I had the Apollo on the island and apart in in 15 min's. Power at the plug..good.There is a little known 20 amp fuse at the right rear..it was blown..did not have a 20 but did have a 10amp..insert the 10 amp and everything worked..will get a 20 in the AM.Meanwhile the apollo is all over the island bar....we had baloney sandwiches for dinner.... Did I mention..it never ends..
You have certainly had a rough year from the sounds of things lately. I think you are the southern version of Icehouse. Keep up the good sense of humor as I'm sure it helps.
TheCoachPotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 05:49 AM   #10
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bncinwv

Rich,
Interesting about the hidden fuse, I will have to file that away for future reference (Could you post a pic for us if possible??). The best solution to the Apollo in my case was the purchase of an extended warranty with $0 deductible. At a rate of 3 Apollos a year, it added up to a no brainer, at our current failure rate, the pay back period on the apollow would be less than two years!!
Bingo
Bingo, where did you get this extended coverage? Was it for only the Apollo or is it a general coverage policy?

Rich, sorry to hear of yet another failure but I really appreciate knowing about that fuse. My fingers are still crossed on ours and I'm keeping this information. We had a failure of the door seal but that's the only problem so far.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 06:17 AM   #11
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Six Year General Extended Coverage for the rig and all the appliances inside. Steve. Not Warranty Experts, not sure who it is but it was through the dealer, I made sure they were aware of the Apollo issue and that if needed it would be covered multiple times. We shall see.
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 06:47 AM   #12
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Hummm. I just checked our Extended Warranty (service contract) Rv Shield, 50.00 deductible and the micro wave oven would be covered. I just knew it was that fuse. The fuse is ,Looking at the oven at the right rear ,however you have to take the entire oven apart to get at it. It is a 20 amp glass type fuse. We cut a hole in the top of the cabinet right over the fuse so we can get at it without tearing the entire oven down should it blow again.When this one does die for good we will replace it with something else but one blown fuse in a year is not all that bad.

By the way Bingo keep in mind that "warranty Experts' is a agency that sells Service Contracts(extended warranty) we tend to get that mixed up.... Warranty Experts is just a agency.....Then of course they are not extended warranties but service contracts...there is a BIG difference.

Anyhow right now all systems are on line. Even our Sensor lights work. Helen needs a nap..that Micro wave is heavy..

I forgot to mention..there is a complete print of the Apollo stuck to the inside top of the cabinet..who would have thunk???