Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 07-05-2006, 06:42 AM   #1
Old GI
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4308
Re; Bubbles on the siding

Well, it's 5 July 2006 and I called Keystone customer service this morning. I explained the situation to the lady who answered the phone and to say she sounded unsympathetic would be the understatement of the year. She stated that owner maintenance is not always performed according to the owners manual, I have read the owners manual and to the best of my knowledge I have performed excellent owners maintenance. I explained that we did not discover a leak until it rained very hard and that we caulked the frame immediately, when it still leaked we caulked the glass. She told me, as I knew she would, to take it to the Dealer for photos. I called and made an appointment with the dealer and was told that it is a very expensive repair job, and that Keystone would make the decision. I must honestly say that I do not have a real warm and fuzzy feeling about this. My point is, I bought this unit new on Dec 31, 2004, I have had for seventeen months and I can assure you that I torque the lug nuts, check the air pressure' etc, etc, and give it a good examination every time I wash it, now I feel as though I am on my own for a problem that should not exist on a unit this new! I hope Keystone comes through for me, I cannot afford to replace the entire side of the unit, and since it is all one piece I don't know of any other solution. Not impressed with their customer service people so far.

Old GI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 07:22 AM   #2
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Pete,

Keep us posted, as a side note, I believe that Steve R. had some repair to his exterior side walls, that he felt it looked fine. We have seen them do some to units in the repair facility, and after wards, I could not see the repair. Al might have been able to, but I could not. (Was NOT our unit they did the repair to, at least this repair! )
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote