Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 06-02-2006, 09:00 AM   #1
justrave
Established Member

M.O.C. #2613
PVC lamp post and pvc outside shower

I am in need of plans for a pvc lamp post we see at sites throughout the campground. Also, I have seen an outside shower with a base mounted to the rear ladder. Your comments and suggestions are welcomed

justrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 09:30 AM   #2
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
That's a wonderful question! Welcome to the forum! I will be waiting to see what our friends come up with.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 05:58 PM   #3
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
I was looking for a PVC flag holder and found several sites that had all kinds of things made from PVC. I didn't save them but if you do a search on the internet you will find them. I think I search for PVC projects.
Happy trails........................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 02:03 AM   #4
ken
Montana Master

M.O.C. #345
I used to make and sell the lamposts. I'll remeasure the one I have and send you the information in the next few days. Right now, the lampost is stored in the Montana. Basiclly, it is made out of 3 inch PVC pipe and the cross arm is made out of 3/4 inch PVC. The Lamp can be bought at Home Depot. I used 14 gage wire and a waterproof plug. The base is out of pressure treated 2 x 4s with holes for large stakes drilled in them. Wind can blow them over.
ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 11:30 AM   #5
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Thanks for sharing, Ken. Hope you and Velda have had a good spring since the Georgia rally. Safe travels.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 02:22 PM   #6
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
I saw a design using PVC for a Light house with a lamp on top. I intended to take a couple pictures but they pulled out before I could. It looked like 8" PVC on the bottom, reduced to 5", then 4" etc.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 06:01 AM   #7
ken
Montana Master

M.O.C. #345
Justave
Here are the measurments of the Lampposts that I used to make and sell. The post are made out of 4 inch PVC pipe 40 inches long (that way I could cut three out of a 10 ft piece) I drilled a hole 9 inches from the top in a drill press so a 3/4 inch PVC pipe could go thru. The 3/4 inch cross member was 33 inches long with two caps on it (one glued, the other open to put a flag on it). On the top of the 4 inch PVC pipe I glued a 4" to 3" reducer to attach the cast alum light on it. To secure it, I used small screws. On the base I used two 21" pressure treated 2 x 4s nailed in the center and mounted a 4" PVC Cap on it with a galvanized bolt. I added two 4 x 4 x2" blocks to the upper 21 " boards to keep the base level. I drilled two holes in it for large nails or garden stakes. They will blow over in high winds. For the electricty I used 14 gage wire that was grounded and drilled another hole near the base for the wire to come out and attached a waterproofed plug. I found some electric eye outlets that screwed into the bulb base and then added 40 watt clear bulbs. That way you didn't have to un plug it everyday. The light units were bought at either home depot or Lowes for around 18.00. I used to sell them with plastic lights for about 50.00. But with the newer alum lights the cost went up and campers will pay 50.00 but not 55.00. Oh well it was a good idea. Can't help you on the shower as we have one on the side of the Montana that I think I used only once since we have had it. Hopes this helps. YOu can see my light post in our signature picture. I sprayed the whole thing with appliance white spray and that keeps it clean all year long.
ken is offline   Reply With Quote