Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 05-04-2018, 09:25 AM   #1
A1astar

M.O.C. #21689
6 point levelers problem

My Lippert levelers say the 5th wheel is level, but it’s not really. The front left jack is lower and so we are always slightly dipped down in the front on one side. My closet doors slide open unless latched. There doesn’t seem to be a way to raise just that one leg in the manual. The dealer says they put a level on the floor and it’s level. The living room is level. But the bedroom is not. I’m frustrated.

A1astar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 09:40 AM   #2
rmthelen
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12748
Send a message via MSN to rmthelen
It is common for one area of your RV to be level and another not, this is a characteristic of an RV. You will need to prioritize what you want level and the rest of the unit will have to follow. Once you have leveled to your satisfaction, reset the leveling system and that is where it will return to every time.
Enjoy your rig,
rmthelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 11:08 AM   #3
rohrmann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12947
You don't say what rig you have, but if it is one with the hydraulic levelers, the two jacks in the front act like just one, as the two are plumbed together. The other jacks, left side are plumbed together and the right side are plumbed together also. So, it is actually just like having three jacks, and this way, the frame does not get torqued and twisted. If there is that much difference between your main floor and the front of the rig, possibly you have a problem with the frame in the front that is causing that out of level condition in the bedroom.
rohrmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 03:47 PM   #4
A1astar

M.O.C. #21689
We have a 2018 Montana 3701LK. We set up again today and I brought in a level. The kitchen in rear is perfectly level, the living room is slightly off and go up the steps and the landing and bathroom are a half bubble off. Sloping towards the front left side. The bedroom gets about the same. Biggest issue besides feeling like I’m on a cruise ship listing to Port in the middle of the night when I get up to use the bathroom? Having to keep the right hand closet door latched or it slides to the left. I love my rig other than this issue.
A1astar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 09:25 AM   #5
1retired06
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12156
Since we have always had RV frigs, I set our level point using the frig as the reference point because of the importance of levelness for frig operation.I always set so the frig is level. While we also have noticed different points of level within our rigs, never anything that was noticeable as we moved around.
F350 crew cab dually 6.7
1retired06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 10:06 AM   #6
topjustice
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19835
This is a common problem that I have had as well. I carry a full size level and in the kitchen area on the floor inside the entry door I set the level front to back, then adjust the front landing gear accordingly (usually up). Next, set the level side to side and do the same manually with the rear feet. Works well and keeps all of the doors in place and only takes a few minutes to tweak it to perfection.
Old 05-09-2018, 03:36 PM   #7
Wicked1
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21100
I got mine new in Feb it is a 2018, leveled it in first trip and everything was listing towards Kitchen slide, so I manually leveled it and reset the Lippert Auto Leveling system. It was easy to do and now when it says level it truly is, might have to do this as well using a level and then reset your 6-Point by Leveling it manually