Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 01-28-2018, 04:45 PM   #1
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Wealth of information on the plumbing panel

Ok guys I got me camper back and was able to look at the plumbing panel myself. As it turns out access to the rear of the panel is extremely easy (at least on my model). You just take 4 screws out (I feel there should be more) and half the back wall of the front pass thru storage compartment comes off and exposes everything including the water pump. I have to admit it is a great thing to have such easy access!!!!

All three of the ports (Water supply, Black Water Flush and Winterizing) have cheap plastic check valves. It looks like to me they will be easy to remove should you decide to do so. I wouldn't think you would on the city water supply line since it will most likely have plenty of pressure to operate properly. However on both the black water flush and the winterizing port there are good reasons to do so (especially the winterizing port.

Black water flush line is color coded white, winterizing line is red and freshwater supply lines are blue.

On the winterizing line your hose hooks to the port goes thru the check valve and directly to the winterizing valve. From there it is "T" into the suction for the water pump. The pump on my model is mounted in this same area only about a foot from the panel (good thing to know when you are trying to force feed the pump antifreeze to prime it). I plan to remove the cheap plastic check valve and just rely on the valve to close off the line. I may design a bucket that I can hold above the port just to be sure the pump stays primed when winterizing but I suspect it may not be needed if the check valve is removed. I also plan to label the valve positions better than what the factory does (it is a little confusing).

The Black Flush line also has a cheap plastic check valve I plan to remove since I think it might be restricting flow back to the tank. Not a major issue when using a hose with a lot of pressure but it may be when flushing with the onboard 12 volt pump. I already have a hard piped valve and flapper check on the port side (running off the outside wash down hose but I may change that setup now that I know what I have behind the panel). As in I may run all my piping for that setup behind the panel with just a thru panel valve sticking out (will be much cleaner looking).

I have attached pictures and hope you can access same. If not message me and I will send them via email.
Attached Images

2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote