Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 11-24-2005, 05:11 AM   #1
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
We replaced our desk shelf!

In our 3380RL we had only a desk shelf, which was totally worthless. Whatever we stored under the shelf was very noticeable as soon as we walked in the door. It was ugly! After an extended search and lots of measuring we found a 31" hobby chest that fits the space perfectly. Glen had to move one outlet but that turned out to be a fairly simple task. After several coats of deep purple stain and polyurethane, we put it into the Montana this morning. The unit has six shallow drawers and two cabinet spaces. It will be great for organizing our office supplies as well as storing files inside the cabinets. It is a much better use of the space.

I am thankful today on this Thanksgiving day for our new cabinet.

Pictures are on our blog http://bamatravelers.blogspot.com

jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 06:07 AM   #2
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Great job Glen. Looks nice. Judy I love the color.

Really love the pics of the grandkids. They are just precious.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 06:55 AM   #3
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Judy & Glen
Really, really nice job. Being a purple freak, I love it. And your grandyoungun's are soooooooooooo cute. Mine are all grownup and yours makes me wish the time had not passed so quickly. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.
Happy trails.....................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 08:57 AM   #4
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Thank you, dear friends. Those grandchildren have my heart. We had such wonderful visits with them at the end of our trip home from Alaska. I miss those hugs and kisses already. But we have another visit scheduled on our trip to the RGV. So I can get another fix.

I'm so excited about the new storage in the Montana. I also moved two tubs of canned goods out from under the TV and found another space for them. So we now have our printer and other things stored under there. It will really look nicer once I can get it all organized.
Old 11-26-2005, 02:55 AM   #5
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
Really nice job Glen "you the man"

So tell me Glen whats your hourly rate???I really need to hire you out for some Montana improvments.
harleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 03:00 AM   #6
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Sorry, harleyrider, he's booked for the next many years. My honey-do list is soooooo long! And in between jobs, there's some traveling to be done!
Old 11-26-2005, 04:57 AM   #7
Imp
Montana Master

M.O.C. #956
Judy, I really like that color and all those drawers!!!
Myrna
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 05:32 AM   #8
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Thanks, Myrna. It has added so much storage for paper and office supplies. Hope your rig is put back together and you're enjoying those grandsons.
Old 11-26-2005, 11:13 AM   #9
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
Judy, I think it is great now you have lots of space to put what I call the stuff.LOL That said I love the color also.
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 11:17 AM   #10
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Thanks so much. I love having a place to put all that 'stuff', too. It looks a lot nicer than when we had open storage there. And it's much more efficient. And I'm glad that they had that stain on sale, "deep purple". Looks good with our motif of grapes.
Old 11-26-2005, 11:31 AM   #11
Imp
Montana Master

M.O.C. #956
Judy.. our rig is in the process of being put together. It will be another week before we get her back. We have been camping out in the garage in the meantime. I want my "MONTY"!!!!! They said it was more extensive than they first thought so it is taking 3 weeks instead of 2. The weather has finally turned here in Bastrop and it is chilly at night. We had rain this morning and in the 60's but the sun came out this afternoon and in the 70's. We are enjoying the grandsons. They take turns coming down to spend some time. Somehow when they both come it is a battle or competition. Anyway we are having a good time.
Myrna
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 11:51 AM   #12
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Sorry to hear that the damage was more serious. I hope your facilities in your garage (isn't that a barn in Texas??) are enough to make you comfortable. I know you'll be glad to get your rig back. Did you have to unpack everything? It's been a pain to unload just a few things from our Monty after our five month trip. I told Glen that when we're here for a week or so in March that we'll just live in the trailer and NOT UNPACK.
Old 11-26-2005, 01:34 PM   #13
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Gees Myrna. I feel for you and Bob. I don't know what we would do if they had to take our Tana away from us. We don't even have a garage. Hope you get it back real soon.
Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 03:18 PM   #14
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Hello Judy and Glenn,
Nice job! Where did you find your chest? We're looking for something similar for our rig.

Thanks,

Dennis and Mary Kay
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 03:51 PM   #15
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Dennis, we found it at an unfinished furniture store. They are found on the internet under the search for "hobby chest". It's a great addition to our rig. It fits so perfectly in that little space. They come in difference sizes and heights. Lots of examples on the 'net. Enjoy the hunt, Dennis.