Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 08-23-2010, 04:44 AM   #1
pineranch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9765
Slideout roof sealing

Has anyone checked the top of the slideouts to see if the eternabond tape was properly applied. I checked mine after seeing the video and I have voids and cracked tape where it wasn't properly prepped or applied. Going to the dealer tomorrow. Unit is a 2010 so this should not be happening. Leaks just waiting to happen. See eternabond site below for additional information

http://www.eternabond.com/articles.asp?id=251
Mike

pineranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 11:11 AM   #2
jimcol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7992
Send a message via AIM to jimcol Send a message via MSN to jimcol
Mike, Didn't have to check mine, mother nature showed me it was not sealed properly. Easily fixed with just a little caulk the next morning. Four years later still holding. What surprised us was that it held through a couple of really big snows but the first big rainstorm we got wet. This was on the bedroom slide. Jim
Old 08-23-2010, 12:01 PM   #3
footloose
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9442
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by pineranch

Has anyone checked the top of the slideouts to see if the eternabond tape was properly applied . . .
We had many leaks in our slideout. In taking care of them, I discovered the tape was ruffled and torn on the slides. Even though the leaks were contained, we took it in for warranty repair. The dealer who repaired under warranty said it was a good thing we had it fixed, as it could have caused extreme damage if it hadn't been repaired.
Dick
footloose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 04:06 AM   #4
Illini Trekker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2733
Hard to believe they leave the gray adhesive part of the old tape on that repaired roof or did my eye miss something?
Illini Trekker is offline   Reply With Quote