Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Full Timing in your Montana
Click Here to Login

Old 07-27-2019, 03:48 PM   #41
Lemmy

M.O.C. #24485
Thanks for all the info! I noticed with my Verizon app it was showing how much hotspot usage each line used which I found interesting since we have “ unlimited data” my son told me looks like we have about 1000gb of hot spot data but I am going to keep my eye on it since I don’t want additional charges .

I must say I really am loving this site - so many helpful people it’s like a Montana Google ‼️��

Lemmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 08:35 PM   #42
Richcart
Established Member

M.O.C. #22427
Quote:
Originally Posted by wecker1 View Post
Was just on the Verizon website looking at the Jet-Pack/MiFi's and they only offer 1 "New" model, the 8800L for $99, and then 2 other pre-owned models. Unfortunately the 8800L has a 2 star out of 5 star rating. The biggest complaint is that the signal constantly gets dropped. Curious as to what model you guys are using as you seem to be satisfied or better with their performance? I'm in the market for one within the next few weeks and would appreciate any/all feedback. Thanks!
Verizon just pushed a firmware update for the 8800L that fixed the problem. The firmware is 1S and if you get it new, I'm sure it will have the latest firmware. Mobile Internet Resources has been testing it for months and it solved the issues with having to reboot. We have had the 8800L since May and it wasn't the best thing to have to factor reset but it only takes a minute or 2 and we were back running. If you want Verizon and the latest tech, get the 8800L.
Richcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 10:51 AM   #43
SuzanneH
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #21263
Visible is a new offshoot from Verizon. Uses Verizon towers, so excellent coverage. It is TRULY unlimited data, and speed is not throttled; allows one device on hotspot with no data limits. $40 dollars a month flat fee No contract, it is month to month. We have been using our Visible phones for several months now with excellent results. Currently are in remote Wyoming and doing great! Highly recommend!
SuzanneH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 01:31 PM   #44
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzanneH View Post
Visible is a new offshoot from Verizon. Uses Verizon towers, so excellent coverage. It is TRULY unlimited data, and speed is not throttled; allows one device on hotspot with no data limits. $40 dollars a month flat fee No contract, it is month to month. We have been using our Visible phones for several months now with excellent results. Currently are in remote Wyoming and doing great! Highly recommend!

Will your phone work in Dubois?
We had Smart Talk from Walmart. They used Verizon’s towers to but only Version towers so they wouldn’t work in Dubois. That was several years ago.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 05:13 PM   #45
Last2Die
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22986
Look into TOGO, they do use ATT, the system is the Winegard 2.0, so I believe it has the cell booster and wifi booster. Cost is 399.00 but the good part is the service truly unlimited for 360.00 a year. They will slow you down if the tower is congested. The 399.00 is the 4g lte version, im debating on holding out for the 5g version.... thoughts?

Tony
2018 3920fb 2020 GMC Denali 3500 4x4 Duramax, 10 speed Allison. LB SRW, Firestone air bags with Airlift wireless onboard compressor. Anderson Ultimate Hitch. MX4 folding cover. 50gal titan in bed transfer tank. Onan 6500 lp genset installed by me ! Had: 2 HF 3500 Inverters with Parallel Kit
Last2Die is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 06:28 PM   #46
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last2Die View Post
Look into TOGO, they do use ATT, the system is the Winegard 2.0, so I believe it has the cell booster and wifi booster. Cost is 399.00 but the good part is the service truly unlimited for 360.00 a year. They will slow you down if the tower is congested. The 399.00 is the 4g lte version, im debating on holding out for the 5g version.... thoughts?

Tony

If I understand 5G ? There are several wave lengths. From miles long to MM length. The longer the length the slower the service. The longest is little better then 4G the shortest is the fastest. Version just installed 5G in several football stadiums and it wouldn’t cover the entire stadium. The fastest 5G will probably never cover the country. Coverage is measured in yards not miles. If you put your hand on the wrong place on your phone or are can’t see the tower you don’t get the 5G service everyone is waiting for.

I could be reading this all wrong but I don’t think so. The best thing for you to do is Google 5G and see what you find. To date there is only a few phones, I think 2 that are 5G. Apple today introduced their new phones none 5G. That tells me something.
Lynwood
Old 09-10-2019, 06:38 PM   #47
Last2Die
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22986
Yes 5g is short on wave length in comparison to 4g. They are rolling it out and it will take more towers for sure. Apples phones aren’t 5g yet, they will come. Samsung has a few I believe. But back to the TOGO, the things is jump on it now with 4g or wait...
2018 3920fb 2020 GMC Denali 3500 4x4 Duramax, 10 speed Allison. LB SRW, Firestone air bags with Airlift wireless onboard compressor. Anderson Ultimate Hitch. MX4 folding cover. 50gal titan in bed transfer tank. Onan 6500 lp genset installed by me ! Had: 2 HF 3500 Inverters with Parallel Kit
Last2Die is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 06:52 PM   #48
PNW Fireguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18081
Have a now retired Verizon pre-paid unlimited SIM along with a grandfathered AT&T Enterprise unlimited SIM. Use to use Hotspots but proved unreliable. Just deployed a Pepwave cellular router with dual modems. This is not a solution for everyone but if you absolutely need reliable internet then it so far is rock solid.
PNW Fireguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 07:32 PM   #49
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
I just found this,

Should you buy a 5G smartphone?

Although 5G will undoubtedly change the way we interact with each other and consume media, the change won’t happen overnight. It will be a few years before 5G is up and running smoothly across the U.S. While it’s ultimately a personal decision, it may be wise to hold off on buying a 5G handset in 2019, especially considering the fact that a slew of manufacturers are expected to release 5G-capable handsets in 2020. In addition to the fact that coverage will likely be very spotty, the hardware will also be first-gen. With the exception of a phone AT&T plans to release at the end of 2019, most of the 5G smartphones that will come in early 2019 will likely have single-band 5G support
Old 09-11-2019, 10:07 AM   #50
SuzanneH
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #21263
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh View Post
Will your phone work in Dubois?
We had Smart Talk from Walmart. They used Verizon’s towers to but only Version towers so they wouldn’t work in Dubois. That was several years ago.
Lynwood
I haven't had problems anywhere (except where there is no service available at all in that area). We are in Pinedale WY and it is very very remote. I get 1-2 bars here and can stream movies on my hotspot no problem.

When I was in Indiana this Summer, we were in a campground that was serviced by ONLY an ATT tower, and it worked there too.

Hope this helps.
SuzanneH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 10:39 AM   #51
Daryles
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24086
If you look at the Verizon coverage map of Mo. See that white area of non coverage? We are in the middle of that. Had to go with US Cellular. The only one that covers that area.
Daryles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 11:34 AM   #52
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
If you go through Dubois let me know if it works over there.
Lynwood