Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 01-15-2018, 04:07 PM   #1
M2M
Established Member

M.O.C. #11264
Slideout Controller

I have made a grand effort in locating the Lippert Hydro-Sync Slideout System controller on my 2007 Montana. Initial problem is intermittent slideout operation. First replaced old battery. Next cleaned hydraulic valves that regulate the two slideout hydraulic supply line. All connections are good in the electrical system. At this point, my effort is to locate the electrical controller to look at the self-resetting breaker. I can not locate this part. Spoke with Lippert help desk who suggested most were within 18" of hydraulic motor.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

M2M

M2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 05:32 PM   #2
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Don’t know what a “Hydro-Sync Slideout System controller“ is. My 2007 didn’t have one. But it does have two auto reset circuit breakers in the front storage compartment. They are small rectangular metal boxes with red plastic covers. Mine has one dedicated to the hydraulic pump and one for every thing else. Intermittent operation of the one to the pump is a common problem. 50 amp is not enough. Those of us who have had the problem replaced the pump breaker with an 80 amp breaker, or with two 40 amp breakers wired in parallel (effectively giving a 80 amp rating), with keystone approval I might add.
BB_TX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 05:48 PM   #3
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Bob Rohrman recently discussed this in a another post on this same topic. Take a look at this Topic.

Here is a picture from Bob of what you are looking for.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 06:10 PM   #4
M2M
Established Member

M.O.C. #11264
Thanks for your reply. I am attempting to attach a photo of my configuration. I just looked, but, my rig doesn't have a relay.

Compliments to Lippert's technical help today. Got me going to isolate the issue.

As I see no breaker, now wondering if over time the motor is burned out.

Any thoughts?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180115_200028234.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	197.4 KB
ID:	986  
Old 01-15-2018, 06:16 PM   #5
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Ah but you do have a breaker! In fact, two of them. They are the red covered things on the wall just behind the battery. They are Self Resetting Circuit Breakers and don't look like a standard circuit breaker. The one on the left takes in the positive battery feed and sends it to the pump through the breaker. It also has a wire from the input side to another self resetting circuit breaker which feeds 12V power to the rest of the coach.

Pop of the red plastic cover to see what they look like. Then read the topic I posted a link to earlier.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 06:31 PM   #6
M2M
Established Member

M.O.C. #11264
Well, I can see a set of numbers when the red cover is pulled back. Are these efficient
?
Old 01-15-2018, 06:42 PM   #7
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
When you push the switch inside your fiver to move the slides ... it activates the trombetta (brand name) 12VDC reversing solenoid on top of your pump and powers the motor either clockwise or counter clockwise depending on whether you want in or out. Heed the previous replies ... most all intermittent slide issues are traced down to the breaker being weak. Parallel two 40's or source an 80 amp.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 06:52 PM   #8
M2M
Established Member

M.O.C. #11264
Thanks. I located the part at NAPA for $50. What a simple system, who knew! Your help has helped my blood
pressure go back down!
Old 08-23-2018, 03:35 PM   #9
Stevengeri
Established Member

M.O.C. #22451
So I also had this problem and replaced the breaker with an 80 amp breaker as suggested. Now my slide moves very slowly and the system sounds like it is being stressed. I had a mobile tech tell me he thought there was a blockage in the hydraulic system and suggested I have the system flushed at a repair facility. . I have been researching that and have not found anything talking about this in the forum or on the internet in general. Has anyone else experienced this issue?
Stevengeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 03:48 PM   #10
jcurtis934
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13740
The "blockage" is probably no more than one of the 12vdc controlled actuators (valves) that pull back a needle valve to allow hydraulic fluid to flow from the manifold and into the appropriate hydraulic line that the operation requires. In other words, if trying to retract a slide...it won't if the valve that allows fluid to flow through the manifold and back into the tank doesn't open. Can't push fluid against the closed valve.