Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 02-19-2009, 03:33 AM   #1
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
Gulf Shores...........

Well as bad as I wanted to go back to the RGV or Arizona, after much debate we will be returning to Gulf Shores area next winter. Nov and Dec we will be in Anchors Aweigh (Site 100) Foley, Ala. Jan to Mar we haven't decided but will make that decision today.

If you have been following the news about whats happening in Mexico I don't think it will be safe along the Mexican border due to all the civil unrest (Civil war). There were several killed yesterday in Reynosa Mexico which is just accross the Border from were we would have been staying. Even thought I think Texas will do everything they can to protect the area, with or without help from our Government.

Its busy here all RV park are full or 90% full. This area is very nice and has just about everything a RVer needs. RV Parks are good and the price is much better than Florida, was great to get back to the type RV parks we like. GBY.....

Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 07:59 AM   #2
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
Update!!!!! Just reserved Jan to Mar. So its a done deal in Gulf shores for the winter. Going to move into Island Retreat site # 246 there is one site left for 1 Jan to Mar. Will be 2.5 miles to the beach.

Island Retreat is infested with Montana's got to be at least 15+ there. GBY.....
Old 02-19-2009, 09:41 AM   #3
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
We would have been in Gulf Shores again this winter if it had not been for some medical issues that kept home. (More a matter of insurance coverage than health). We hope to be back in the State Park next winter. We know that there is at least one MOC member couple in Island Retreat.

We did go to the RGV for three winters, but decided to stay a bit closer to home because of the fragile health of my 98 and 99 year old parents. From what I hear, people are still comfortable going over to Progesso. We were warned away from Reynosa from the first winter we spent in the RGV. Not a happy situation in Mexico, but we never felt threatened in Texas, even on the edge of the Rio Grande where we camped and went canoeing.

Anyway, maybe next winter we will have an opportunity to meet.
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 10:16 AM   #4
FLSTS03
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8231
Welcome back to Bama' Lindy(home is Montgomery). Our Son has moved to 'nooga so I guess we'll be claiming Tn as well.

Steve
FLSTS03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 10:45 AM   #5
indy roadrunner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5634
Anchors Aweigh is on our list for a couple of nights in October when we meander from Top Sail over to Bay St Louis. Will reservations be needed in October?
indy roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 11:15 AM   #6
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
This past year we came down in Nov to Island Retreat, didn't know about Anchors Aweigh. Didn't seem to be a problem then. However we have reservations this year for Nov and Dec, they are booked for Jan and Feb 2010. Just a SWAG is you shouldn't have a problem in Oct. As I said we have a Reservation for Nov and Dec at Achors Aweigh and Island Retreat for Jan until Mar 2010. We have really enjoyed the Gulf Shores area, we came down to Gulf Shores in Nov 2008. GBY...

P.S. I was born in Anniston, Ala and raised in Tennessee so I very seldom lose in the fall, the Tide or Vols normally win .