Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 11-03-2005, 11:56 AM   #1
wa4bmg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #592
Television in 3400

Can anyone tell me how to get to the cable connector on the back of the tv in living room of the 3400. We are checking for a loose or bad connection. The picture is very snowy ( ok in bedroom) . I can not see the way to move the tv forward or get behind it. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Wa4bmg

wa4bmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 12:00 PM   #2
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
It is screwed in at the top by a long screw that has a wooden cover on it in the cupboard above. It is also screwed in a bottom and you have to remove the fireplace to get at those screws. The fireplace is screwed in with four screws (each corner) that have wooden covers on them. Quite a job.
Happy trails..................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 12:47 PM   #3
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Check the switch at the bedroom TV. Change it and see if your living room TV will come in better.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 01:54 PM   #4
wa4bmg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #592
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by DHenry

Check the switch at the bedroom TV. Change it and see if your living room TV will come in better.
As the old saying gos " be there , done that" it made no difference.
That was the first thing we tried to no avail , Thanks
Old 11-03-2005, 01:55 PM   #5
wa4bmg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #592
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Parrothead

It is screwed in at the top by a long screw that has a wooden cover on it in the cupboard above. It is also screwed in a bottom and you have to remove the fireplace to get at those screws. The fireplace is screwed in with four screws (each corner) that have wooden covers on them. Quite a job.
Happy trails..................
Thanks that is what I was afraid of.We will look it and see how it goes. Thanks for the help

wa4bmg
Old 11-03-2005, 05:14 PM   #6
firetrucker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2165
Does the cable that goes into the DVD player from the wall have a piece of shrink tubing about halfway along it? When I wiggled the cable in my 3400, the picture would get better. When I removed the shrink tubing, I found the shield was cut. Couldn't think of a good reason why, so I replaced the cable and the picture has improved. I suppose there could be some sort of ground loop problem, but that's a heck of a way to fix it.

Bob
firetrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 05:33 PM   #7
wa4bmg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #592
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by firetrucker

Does the cable that goes into the DVD player from the wall have a piece of shrink tubing about halfway along it? When I wiggled the cable in my 3400, the picture would get better. When I removed the shrink tubing, I found the shield was cut. Couldn't think of a good reason why, so I replaced the cable and the picture has improved. I suppose there could be some sort of ground loop problem, but that's a heck of a way to fix it.

Bob
Bob,
Thanks for the info, I will give it try.

John
wa4bmg
Old 11-04-2005, 07:27 AM   #8
Native Tex
Montana Master

M.O.C. #375
The TV is not hard to get out once you get the screws out. I bet the antenna booster is part of your problem. If ours is left on in the front bedroom cabinet, it really messes up the cable picture in the living room.
Native Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 03:01 AM   #9
MertelBeach

M.O.C. #4152
We have not had an opportunity to use a cable hookup with our 3400. However, the TV/Cable switch in the bedroom has not stayed lit, it has been replaced and still does not stay lit. We had our unit to the dealer and they found the coax cable connection at the antenna was loose. They purported fixed it. This did provide reception in the bedroom.

We had and continue to have VERY snowy reception on the living room TV and a fairly decent picture on the bedroom TV. (Radio reception is also minimal.) Short of shelling out money for a satellite system (planned for after new year), we welcome all suggestions.......... We hope to sell the house and fulltime within the year.

The unit is going back to the dealer tomorrow morning for a multitude of FIXes. Most of the windows are to be replaced because they do not open, two of the tires have the broke bands (drivers rear and unused spare), the base on one of the chairs was sharp and snagged the carpeting. The remaining items are primarily cosmetic. We picked up our unit 6/2/05. Must have been on of the first 2006's off the line. We did special order for dual pane windows, larger refrigerator and king bed.

Any advise is greatly appreciated.

MertelBeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 04:15 AM   #10
steves
Montana Master

M.O.C. #185
My TV was not wired correctly from the factory. I had it repaired at a dealership - they found wires not connected and those that were connected were not correct. Now works great!
steves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 10:52 AM   #11
The Wind
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4200
W found out on our first trip that NONE of the wires to the dvd were connected. They were still wrapped up in plastic tucked away behind the t.v. Have had it fixed, but now our surround speakers and one speaker in the bedroom do not work. Minor problems that we will have addressed on the next trip to the dealer. Might take it to a different dealer next time.
The Wind is offline   Reply With Quote