Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-11-2005, 01:05 PM   #1
vickster
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1165
We are baaaaaack..........

We had a wonderful winter and so enjoyed our first "snowbird" experience. Been back to our stick house for a month and haven't had a spare moment until today. The past four weeks have been spent with processing a bushel basket of mail, tax stuff, clean out "Monty", dewinterize stick house, winter yard clean up, spring planting and the list goes on and on as many of you can appreciate.

Hubby loved his truck and very pleased with the way it handled over 8,000 miles of roadways averaging ll.8mpg. We found Monty to be very comfortable, however, while in Donna, Texas the annoying dinette slide leak reappeared. In addition we developed leaks in the other two slides while in Arizona and the topper was in Pampa, Texas during a heavy rain storm the window above the dresser decided to allow water in the bedroom. Had Monty back to our dealer upon our return for the fourth time. Now, after today's rain, looks like we will be making a fifth trip. We love our dealer and sales rep, however, would rather be visiting them for an "open-house" or coffee and donuts.

While at our dealer, we did look at the 3400 as more space and a king size bed would be nice. However, not pleased with the bathroom sink in the bedroom and no door to close off the bathroom from the bedroom. While I like the the over all living space of the 3400, I'm not willing, at this point, to give up our bedroom layout and sliding door. Works well for us since we have a third adult traveling with us. And wow, did you all see the new Cambridge? Lots of wowie and glitzy stuff in there, but man, oh man, is that puppy heavy as well as really low to the ground.

The things we leaned while traveling this winter is that other RV'ers are just great people; we can live very comfortably with very little "stuff"; we did not miss the winter cold and snow; there is so much to see and do while traveling that sometimes you don't have time for it all; and lastly, we can now completely understand why a person would become a full timer. What a life!

The thing that I missed the most, was my computer and internet access.

Would also like to say "thank you MOC members for your campground and RV park recommendations". We were not disappointed and all were great recommendations - have posted comments under campground thread.

It's great to be back on line and looking forward to getting back in the MOC grove. Looks like there is lots of interesting conversation/ stuff for me to catch up on.
vickster is offline   Reply With Quote