Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 03-17-2007, 04:39 AM   #1
CanDo
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2106
Home At Last!

After a week of balmy, spring-like weather, we went to Beckley's Camping Center in Thurmont, MD, yesterday to take delivery of our new 3400RL. Right on cue, Ol' Man Winter reared his ugly head and dumped snow, sleet, and ice all over the place. Fortunately, our walk-thru was done inside. When it came to hooking up for the first time, that was a real thrill in a blizzard!!! We finally got it done and the 4-hour ride home (normally 2 and 1/2 to 3 hours) was fairly uneventful except for those drivers who like to cut off semis and big 5th wheels! We were even able to weigh Monty empty on the way home. We have the new 7,000lb axles, but the sticker inside still says GVWR is 14,000lbs. and CCC is just over 1,600lbs. We're going to ask our salesman to investigate this for us. Anyway, Monty is sitting safely in our driveway and we have a busy "movin' in" weekend ahead - our maiden voyage is next week! Yea!!! And fulltiming is only a house sale away too! Take care and we'll see you on the road!

CanDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 05:21 AM   #2
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
Congratulations Chris and Dave! Happy to hear you things went well for yous. Please keep us updated when you find out why they didnt change the sticker inside.
campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 06:10 AM   #3
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
You are much braver than I bud. I don't think I could even move if there was slush on the ground. Congrats of getting home safely!
Okie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 08:06 AM   #4
Longwell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5192
Maybe "In like a lion and out like a lamb" will apply to your experience and you'll have good weather from here on.
Congratulations on having the "guts" to take it home anyway!
I'm sure I wouldn't have left it on the lot either.
Have fun.
Larry
Longwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 10:04 AM   #5
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Congratulations. Glad you made it safe and the crazies did not get you. Yes that storm dumped 8 inches on us here in Littlestown, PA.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 02:52 AM   #6
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
Congratulations and hope you have many happy time in it. On thing for sure you will always remember the day you picked it up and the drive home.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 06:08 AM   #7
CanDo
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2106
Thanks, All! The dealer is still working the sticker issue for us. After Dave saw the sticker, he got down on the floor and crawled under the Monty to read the axles. They are stamped 7,000 lbs. Then the salesman called over one of the service techs and he crawled under to verify. Shouldn't be an issue to get this taken care of, just may take a little time. I must say that Dave did an outstanding job on the drive home. There were a few times on a narrow road when I just lay back in my seat with my eyes closed. Not because of Dave's driving, but because of some of the others out there that don't understand that we can't stop these rigs on a dime just because they foolishly pull in front! We're heading out tomorrow morning for our maiden voyage and just can't wait! The weather is supposed to be infinitely better than the day of delivery. Again, thanks for the kind words and happy thoughts.
Old 03-20-2007, 10:19 AM   #8
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Congrats on the the delivery and more importantly on the safe arrival in the driveway. As you have seen we received ours a day after you, yes it was snowing too, but luckily our storage is next door to the dealer. We are taking initial trip same as you tomorrow (close by) just to get the feel of the Monty and to allow DW time to get HER second home organized. Weather forecast is in the 60-70's (Spring has Sprung). We wish you safe travels and continued blessings in life.
Bingo n Cathy

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 12:00 PM   #9
Imp
Montana Master

M.O.C. #956
congrats and have fun making it yours. Those personal touches really help. By the way, would you please share what it weighed empty?
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 01:39 PM   #10
CanDo
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2106
Imp, she weighed 11,740 as delivered from the dealer. Just waiting to get our weight tags corrected to reflect the fact we have 7000 lb axles and not 6000 lb axles. Will let you all know how and when THAT turns out! Keystone messed up and we have no doubt they will make it all good.
Old 03-22-2007, 02:12 PM   #11
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Congratulations Chris and Dave!! Isn't it exciting! You're weight is within 100 lbs of ours on delivery. Must have been the snow on the roof .

Glad you made it home OK, and envious of your maiden vogage so fast! We still haven't loaded ours, I'm still playing and installing.

bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote