Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 12-05-2018, 08:03 AM   #1
Dsull
Established Member

M.O.C. #23083
Question Increased size fresh water

Sorry if this is the wrong area.

So I've been searching through the forum, and haven't found anything on this. I have a 2000 Montana 2850RK. The fresh water capacity sucks. Currently all the trips we camp yearly are boondocking and I don't want to carry barrels like I had to with our motor home.

I'm wondering if anyone has replaced the Fresh water tank with a larger capacity. Most of the areas we go have water within 30 Miles of where were are going so I wouldn't have to haul full.

I have a leak in the galley tank that I'm planning on fixing this weekend and while I had the coroplast off the bottom I was going to look into a larger tank for the fresh to kill to birds with one stone. I was just wondering if anyone has done this previously and had some info.

Dsull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 09:16 AM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Have never heard of it, but at Q many people use water bladders and a 12v pump.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 12:49 PM   #3
jetskier
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22360
I added a tank in an adjacent bay next to the original tank on my previous trailer. Plumbed the two in parallel and used one tank for the gauges as they were at the same elevation relative to the frame. I went from 45 gallons to 90.
Old 12-05-2018, 06:29 PM   #4
beeje
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17894
You have an older unit than mine. I don't know how much yours holds. My 2011 holds 66 gallons and we can boondock for around 10 days + if we are very careful. This is with me taking a shower every day. The DW uses the campground facilities.
beeje is offline   Reply With Quote