Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 02-13-2010, 04:37 AM   #21
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Opps.. The Dennis I meant was Dennis as in Hamrad....

richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 05:53 AM   #22
blarkman
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1977
et2
You arenot the only one. There are lots of us out there
bob
blarkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 08:13 AM   #23
Champ_49
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9045
Send a message via Yahoo to Champ_49
I watch RV Net and Escapees. I'm with most, both can be informative and things can be learned. But I will admit to the fact that in most cases any posts I make in Escapees goes ignored. So I just go there and look and learn. RV Net I also go there and mainly just read and learn. All forums can be interesting and then there can be some bad. One thing I always say about forums, if you don't like what you see or hear, don't go back. It is our own option.

Now the MOC forum accepted me from the beginning and always have gotten an answer or opinion on any topic, and I have learned so much more about my Montana that could be found no where else. This site is very informative and very friendly. And the gang treats everyone with respect. Can't beat that!! And thats my take on it.
Champ_49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 12:42 PM   #24
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Champ_49

I watch RV Net and Escapees. I'm with most, both can be informative and things can be learned. But I will admit to the fact that in most cases any posts I make in Escapees goes ignored. So I just go there and look and learn. RV Net I also go there and mainly just read and learn. All forums can be interesting and then there can be some bad. One thing I always say about forums, if you don't like what you see or hear, don't go back. It is our own option.

Now the MOC forum accepted me from the beginning and always have gotten an answer or opinion on any topic, and I have learned so much more about my Montana that could be found no where else. This site is very informative and very friendly. And the gang treats everyone with respect. Can't beat that!! And thats my take on it.
Champ 49,
I think if you will check the Escapees Forum closely, every posts show how many have read it. Just because someone doesn't reply to a post does not mean it's being ignored. For example, I've had a post on Escapees forum to sell or 1000 Trails membership. Have had several who read the post but no takers. Does that mean it's being ignored? No, it just means that at this time no one is interested. When this year is gone, I'll pull that post.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 12:38 AM   #25
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
quote:Rich,
Boy O boy is there ever a clique or two over on the Escapees. Cross one of the "good old boys club" and you're in trouble. But just as bad is that you post and are simply ignored. It's as if your post is invisible.

I sure agree with you Hamrad. I seldom post except for the fulltiming class section of which I am very active. But, I have made a ton of friends through the Escapees. Many of them when we followed each other around Alaska. I have just learned to ignore posts that are written by the same old "know it alls." There really are only a handful of those but two is too many in my book.

As for RV Net, I haven't posted for ages on there but I do read it every now and then just to see what my friends are up to.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 02:30 AM   #26
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We have no problems with Escapee's. We were at the last rally and will be at the next one.We have met many friends via Escapee's..
Old 02-14-2010, 05:07 AM   #27
RickW
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9139
I will visit RV.net on a slow afternoon and I am killing time by trying to avoid the work on my desk. I do think RV.net is getting better but for a long time it all seemed to be the Ford/Chevy/Dodge fight. The which size truck fight or which brand was best fight. The reasonable voices are getting louder, but that was not the case for a long time.

I primary stick to forums that fit my specific interest. On Escapees I am primary lurking on the HDT forum. I also lurk here on the MOC. Both are very valuable resources for finding information about the equipment I own and are filled with friendly, helpful members.

I enjoy hearing arguments that are different than my own thoughts but I have no interest in having a argument that reminds me of Jr. High.
RickW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 11:03 AM   #28
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
How many are there who are on this forum under a different user name after being kicked off at one time or another. There are some whose postings are very much like what I've seen on RV.net.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 08:33 AM   #29
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
That is what I was trying to point out. There are a couple of former MOC'ers over there who can do nothing but find every opportunity to bash Montana.In fact One of them also got booted over there and came back under another name. There are also several present MOC members also over there that do not let them get away with it. There is also one former MOC member there who will always challenge a unfair statement made about the Montana. Reporting you negitive experiences with the Montana or any brand is one thing these firums are for. Bashing just for the sake of bashing is another story. I don't like it.....any brand..
Old 02-17-2010, 02:16 PM   #30
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Rich, I too have read what you are saying about what goes on about the bashing over on the RV Net, you and I have discussed this in the past. There is one that you refer to, he is brutal when it comes to the Montana Fifth Wheel

As far as good old boy clubs go all forums have them , the MOC is no exception. Great forum , but it does have its good old boy club just like all the rest
PSFORD99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 02:56 PM   #31
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Wow! I've been a member of this forum for a long time and attended many rallies. I wasn't aware of the good old boy club. Is there a good old gal club also? Maybe they meet early in the morning when I'm still asleep.
Happy trails......................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 03:57 PM   #32
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I'm not sure what's meant by good old boys club but if it means some of us seem more familiar, or friendly, with each other than others, then that's probably the situation. And is something I consider a good thing. At least the part about being friendly with each other.

Many of us have had the pleasure of meeting each other on the road or at rallies and have become good friends. Some probably will be lifelong friends. In our case we've met several hundred members and consider quite a number of them as good friends, even to the point of visiting in their stick homes.

I don't view that as a bad thing. But perhaps I am missing the point entirely.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 11:33 PM   #33
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
I also visit RV net. It is a busy forum on some subjects. Lots of information on there as on here.

We now have an SOB but I still enjoy visiting MOC. Not visiting as much as I did in past because of time.
I have posted on RV net about our good experience with our Montana.
Which is the truth! No serious problems.

Have not had any big problem with people over there. There are some over there, that can get snarky to anyone.

Wish RV net moderators were not so fast to close threads down.
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 01:55 AM   #34
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Steve has hit it on the good old boys club.. There are scores of MOC'ers that we have met many times at rallies and on the road and have developed a more personal relationship with them like the group that meets here every month in this Florida area. There is a little difference between a cyberspace relationship and a personal familiar face to face relationship. Like Steve we have met hundreds of MOC'ers in our 44 months on the road at rallies, etc. It is not really a "good ole boys club" maybe a good ole friends group" that gets bigger and bigger with every MOC'er we meet. Don't know if I said that right???
Old 02-18-2010, 03:04 AM   #35
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sreigle

I'm not sure what's meant by good old boys club but if it means some of us seem more familiar, or friendly, with each other than others, then that's probably the situation. And is something I consider a good thing. At least the part about being friendly with each other.

Steve,
When I used the term "good old boys club" it was NOT in the same sense you are using. To me it denotes an exclusive group of people that mostly talk among themselves and ignore and or attack new people who they think may be trying to get into their club or attack their status in some way. In my mind that phrase will always be a negative. There is much more to it than I have outlined but that is my basic interpretation. I do not know about the RV Net Forum since I seldom visit there but on the SKP Forum I can direct you to a couple of groups. The HDT folks have a subgroup that literally jumps up and grabs my interpertation of the phrase! Then there are the constant and forever posting experts on any given subject..... mostly tending toward the technical side of things.

But having said all that I don't have a problem with the Escapees in general or with their Forum. I like the organization and the many people that make up the great membership.

As to whether or not there are cliques in the MOC; I believe there are. As large as the MOC has grown it would be naive to think otherwise.

Many of us have had the pleasure of meeting each other on the road or at rallies and have become good friends. Some probably will be lifelong friends. In our case we've met several hundred members and consider quite a number of them as good friends, even to the point of visiting in their stick homes.

I don't view that as a bad thing. But perhaps I am missing the point entirely.

We, too, have many friends in Escapees. My statement about there being cliques or "good old boy" groups in the Escapees stands. I have experienced them as well as have several other MOC members. The groups serve both positive and negative aspects. But my experience has seen mostly only the negative side of things.

I have learned to deal with the various groups. I still enjoy the SKP Forum and will continue to read and post when I think I can add to the positive side of things. That sometimes can be very hard for me to do but I'll keep trying my best!

Travel safely,
Dennis
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 03:17 AM   #36
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Rich, you said it right, I see it from cyberspace, never met anyone on here, nor have I been to any rallies, a better choice of words on my part should of been I see the MOC as a tight group. It was not meant as an insult, nor is the first time that it has been said, have read where the MOC was considered a Good old boy club several times on RV Net, just as the same comment is being made about the Escapees Forum here on the MOC forum.

PSFORD99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 03:24 AM   #37
billhoover
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7895
IMHO, I think there is a difference between a "good old boys" group and a "good old friends" group. I have spoken, via email, to a few former MOCers who have been barred from the MOC. In their opinion, the GOB's group got them barred...but they still have some friends here.
billhoover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 03:49 AM   #38
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
I have been on RV.Net for several years. There is a wealth of information that is passed around each day. There is bashing of all type RV's. I have had issues with Forum members and when this happens I go back to them on the e-mail site or PM them. In most every instance the issues is solved.. If not then I just agree to disagree. My problem is I have my opinion and it might be wrong but my comments are based on trail and error and its been very expensive.

I have also found that when people post things that others don't agree with they are so thin skined that they take things personally. I often wonder if their lives are as bad as it sounds like they are.
Its very sad to see how unhappy some people are.

I also have great respect for most of the Moderators on RV.Net there are few who will lock a post if your comment goes against their personal beliefs or in a Link to a web site. But the way around that is a personal e-mail.

I also think that most people tend to go were their beliefs are similar, is that wrong, of course it isn't. We don't belong to very many groups and really don't need all the things that many RV parks have to offer. Delaine and I are just so happy and blessed to have each other. We spend many hours together everyday and never get bored.

I have also been a member of Escapees and gained valuable information there. And yes there is a trend there that do bother some folks. But many on that forum that have been RVing for many years and do have their strong opinions on certain things. However thats just their opinion again thru trail and error.

Thanks again to all MOC members for their kindness. And to all of the MOC members we have met in person Delaine and I cherrish those times and really enjoyed your company. GBY...
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 08:50 AM   #39
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
I guess the reason I do not understand the Good old boys club term is because I don't feel I belong to any. To my knowledge have never met anyone from RVnet other tham MOC members who are on both. Been to one escapees rally and both Helen and I felt we did not exactly fit in. There are a bunch of MOCers that we feel are to us a good old friends group as we sort of bump into one another here and there all the time. We also belong to the Family Campers and RV'ers (FCRV) for a lot longer than we have been on the MOC and there is also a ..good old friends group there. Folks we camp with eat with and BS with.. I don't know or pay attention to old boys groups or Cliques and I would have no idea who they might be on this forum.
The moderators are the only folks who can get you booted from here and not only do I , to my knowledge, know any, I don't even care who they are.

My OP was that there has been a lot of Montana talk on RV net and a person or two who deliberately bash them. There are also folks both MOC and NON MOC who defend them. Including one member who was booted from MOC who will always be positive about the Montana. I guess it is a matter of perception.????

As Hamrad said "We, too, have many friends in Escapees. My statement about there being cliques or "good old boy" groups in the Escapees stands. I have experienced them as well as have several other MOC members. The groups serve both positive and negative aspects. But my experience has seen mostly only the negative side of things" (That is so true and I do not see that on the MOC...)
Old 02-19-2010, 09:15 AM   #40
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
I think we need a vote....err a poll. I nominate Rich for President of the "Good Ole (WV spelling) Boys Club" since he feels he doesn't belong to any!! Don't ya just hate when someone stirs the pot??? By the way, I tend to think of all of the MOC as Good Ole Boys and Good Ole Girls and I at least like to consider it a compliment
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote