Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Full Timing in your Montana
Click Here to Login

Old 10-21-2006, 07:55 AM   #1
Wannabe Full-timer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6190
How do U get pkgs. that can't be del. to a PO Box?

When we get our Monty, we probably will be staying in a local CG for at least a year or more. I order items quite frequently through the Internet or catalogs and sometimes that is the only way I can get an item that I need. I noted that many orders will not be delivered to a PO Box #. If you are "living" in a CG, can you use their address and your lot # for delivering of orders like this?

Also, that brings up another question. While we may be living not too far from where our current stick house is, it is a different city, can we also change our address to the campground's address and our lot # for things such as our driver's licenses and checking? We will still be using the same bank.

Wannabe Full-timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 08:20 AM   #2
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
WFT ... when we're going to be in a park for any length of time, we'll have our regular mail and any mail order purchases/packages delivered directly to that park. We do, however, always ask about the park's mail policy with the park management before having anything delivered/shipped to it. Some parks have one address for regular mail and another for ups-type deliveries. So far, in over 3-1/2 years of full-timing, we've only had two parks that would not let us have mail delivered. No big deal, we simply had all mail sent to General Delivery at the local post office.

As far as your second questions goes, since your address for things like driver's licenses is your residence address, I don't see a problem with using the cg's address.

By the by ... you can also have pizza delivered to many rv parks
vickir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 08:38 AM   #3
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Many times I have had packages sent to the campground we were staying at. I even had packages arrive at the campground before we even got there. Most all cgs don't have a problem just be sure to clear it with them fisrt.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 09:08 AM   #4
Wannabe Full-timer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6190
So, will FedEx or UPS come directly to your camp/lot site or do they deliver at the office of the CG? Now, what exactly is the "general delivery" at the post office you spoke of??? How do you get by with using that when you can't use a PO Box for delivery? (As you can see, I have a LOT to learn! lol.)

BTW, Vicki, I learned a long time ago you can have pizza delivered to your campsite and we are not even full-timers. LOL

Yes, I would definitely speak with the owner/manager of the CG and verify anything I did like this prior to doing so. As nice as the guy is at the CG we are looking at possibly staying at for an extended period of time, I don't think this would be a problem. I just wondered what you all do or would do.

Thank you so very much. These are certainly things we need to know.
Old 10-21-2006, 09:17 AM   #5
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Sandi, we have seen FedEx and/or UPS come directly to campgrounds. They were snowbirds type parks so the residents were established for a month or more. But it has been done.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 09:30 AM   #6
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Have had meds and packages and internet orders delivered to campgrounds in the RGV a number of times, FedEx and TheBrownTruck both come in those campgrounds on a regular basis.

Had credit cards (new ones, replacements)delivered to a small little campground in Nashua Iowa last year. The delivery truck left them in the office with the owner who walked down and hand delivered them to us. But, they knew they were coming, we had informed them, explained the situation and they were only too happy to assist us.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 11:16 AM   #7
boat391
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5756
when we are on the road racing our boat I use ups package stores when I need to get parts to the town we are racing in.it works very well so far
boat391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 02:44 PM   #8
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
We "lived" in our 5er for several years and even though we still had the stick house, I wanted items delivered where I was which was in the 5er. I never had a problem with delivery from Fed Ex or UPS or any of the others. I shop on line a lot and it has always worked for us.
Happy trails........................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 03:39 PM   #9
dmr1021
Established Member

M.O.C. #5682
We used to travel extensively on business, lived on a boat for many years and cruised the coastal waters and now we're full timing. We have a mailing service (St Brendan's Isle, Green Cove Springs, FL) that 'cleans' out junk mail (to our specs), takes delivery on packages and provides us with Florida Residency (no state income tax in FL. When we know where we will be, we email/call them and they will send the mail in a package via whatever method we choose or pick the least expensive delivery method that will meet our schedule. We used them for around 10 years. no complaints
dmr1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 04:06 PM   #10
Wannabe Full-timer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6190
The campground we are looking at "living" in for probably at least a year has a post office less than a mile of where we would be at so we would just be getting a PO Box for our mail. One of us would be driving by it daily and it would make for a nice walk or bike ride in the summer. It sounds like receiving packages won't be a problem and that is nice to know. Thanks everyone!
Old 10-23-2006, 04:51 AM   #11
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
Sandi ... "General delivery" is, basically, when the post office accepts mail without a "real" address. For example, when we spent 2 months in Gatlinburg, TN our RV park did not accept our mail shipment, so we instructed our mail delivery service to send our mail to "general delivery", Gatlinburg, whatever the zip code was. That way, our mail was shipped to the post office (which happened to be next door to the RV park) and we just picked it up there ... got to know the guy behind the counter quite well! As far as I know, all post offices will accept general delivery mail and it will be held for 30 days before being returned to the sender.

This is not a great description, but hopefully you get the idea.
vickir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 09:39 AM   #12
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Wannabe Full-timer

When we get our Monty, we probably will be staying in a local CG for at least a year or more. I order items quite frequently through the Internet or catalogs and sometimes that is the only way I can get an item that I need. I noted that many orders will not be delivered to a PO Box #. If you are "living" in a CG, can you use their address and your lot # for delivering of orders like this?

Also, that brings up another question. While we may be living not too far from where our current stick house is, it is a different city, can we also change our address to the campground's address and our lot # for things such as our driver's licenses and checking? We will still be using the same bank.
You can definitely get packages delivered to the CG address by UPS, FEDex, etc. Most, and I repeat, Most campground allow this though they won't accept personal USPS mail. You might check with the CG about using their address as your address. Since you are going to be there a long time, they may allow it.

We use a mail service (Escapees RV Club Mail Service) for our personal mail and have packages delivered to us at the location we happen to be at.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 11:24 AM   #13
Wannabe Full-timer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6190
Thanks Vicki for the explanation on "General Delivery". I have never used it, heard of it, but didn't know what it was. Since we would have a PO Box at the post office right by the park we would be staying in, I think we will be all set.
Old 10-23-2006, 02:25 PM   #14
gkbutler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4049
Send a message via MSN to gkbutler Send a message via Yahoo to gkbutler
Right now we only travel twice a year. Our resort down here in Fl allows mail to be delivered to the office for all of us here to include packages.

We asked the campground in Illinois we stay at if if would be okay to have packages delivered there before we have them sent. So far though, we haven't had a problem using our PO box. The Post Office will put a card in our box telling us we have a package too big for the box, so we just go to the counter and pick it up.
gkbutler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 09:25 AM   #15
Debbie Asher
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6167
I work for UPS and it shouldn't be a problem to get pkgs delivered to a CG, but you need to check with the CG to make sure that you can use their address.
Debbie Asher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 12:31 PM   #16
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
In this rv park I've seen the UPS deliver right to the campsite. I guess if you give them the site number they'll take it right to your door.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 05:22 AM   #17
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
We changed our permanent address to a street address at the local UPS store that has PO boxes, but uses a number instead of a POB so you don't get any shipping problems with PO boxes. When we want our mail, we just email the UPS store and they ship it wherever we want...usually takes 3 days. Pretty simple for us.
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote