Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Full Timing in your Montana
Click Here to Login

Old 10-10-2006, 07:02 PM   #21
lawrenceb42106
Montana Master

M.O.C. #45
We are in Tucson until March. We are at the Crazy Horse Campground & RV Park

lawrenceb42106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 07:56 AM   #22
Rex & Mary
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #99
We are slowly headed to spend the winter at Blackstone RV park in Mohave Valley, AZ. A bit too slowly I might add, as I look out the window at snow flying here in La Crosse, Wi. We will be there from Thanksgiving until the 1st of May.
Rex & Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 08:37 AM   #23
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by krvk

We are currently touring CA. and will be in Apache Junction,AZ (Happy Days RV) during JAN & FEB.
Hope to see some of you then.
Kenny, where in CA are you now?
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 10:06 AM   #24
syplace
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1666
Rex & Mary,
Know how you feel. We live in Onalaska and should have left last week for Del Rio, Texas where we winter until about April 1st. Have a safe trip. We leave Sat. 10/21 I 90 to 35 & then down to Guthrie, Okla., cut over to bypass Okla city to 44 and on down. Wasn't aware there was another Monte owner in the area.
syplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 10:25 AM   #25
rak
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5481
At this time we areplanning to be in
Texas at Sam Rayburn Res. in Jan. and Casa Grande, Arizona in Feb. Will be in Masa to see my uncle while staying at Casa Grande.
Dick & Dorothy
rak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 12:10 PM   #26
Montana_5964
Established Member

M.O.C. #5964
Les & Sue,

We live in East Mesa about 5 miles from Palm Garden in Mesa and about 5 miles from Apache Junction. Palm Garden is a very nice RV park, I believe it has two heated pools. My Aunt use to live there in the winter until she moved back to Michigan full time. I think you will love the weather here. This week it is still in the 90's but dropping down to the 80's next week and about 65 in the mornings. It will probablly still be in the 80's when you get here in November. We are taking the Monty out to Phoenix International Raceway in November for the Nascar races. If you have any problems with your Monty while your here, RV Traders is right down on Main St. from Palm Gardens. This is where we bought our 2006 3000RK Monty in July. Neldon the service manager is great and very helpful. If you like Broasted Chicken you'll need to go down Main St. to Arizona Joe's in Apache Junction for the best Broasted Chicken in Arizona. Let me know if you have any questions about the area and I'll fill you in.
Montana_5964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 02:39 AM   #27
Dont
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6371
Send a message via MSN to Dont Send a message via Yahoo to Dont
We are heading to Apache Junction in December, Will be staying at Golden Aces their $268.00 plus elec. This is our first trip out there we just got a 2007 3400 four slide and pulling with a 2004 Dodge dulley.
Dont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 04:18 PM   #28
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
When there, we stay in Eagle View Resort RV park in Fort Mcdowell near Fountain HIlls. Eagle View is on the Indian reservation. It is a new park. Great security.

http://www.eagleviewrvresort.com/
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 05:15 PM   #29
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Rex and Mary, we're looking forward to seeing you again this next Thursday! We're in site 13.
Old 10-16-2006, 07:08 AM   #30
Lstierw
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3532
Thanks Denise for the info as we have not ever been there. Can't wait to try out the chicken. Hope to meet you some time this winter....Les and Sue
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by dpalmer

Les & Sue,

We live in East Mesa about 5 miles from Palm Garden in Mesa and about 5 miles from Apache Junction. Palm Garden is a very nice RV park, I believe it has two heated pools. My Aunt use to live there in the winter until she moved back to Michigan full time. I think you will love the weather here. This week it is still in the 90's but dropping down to the 80's next week and about 65 in the mornings. It will probablly still be in the 80's when you get here in November. We are taking the Monty out to Phoenix International Raceway in November for the Nascar races. If you have any problems with your Monty while your here, RV Traders is right down on Main St. from Palm Gardens. This is where we bought our 2006 3000RK Monty in July. Neldon the service manager is great and very helpful. If you like Broasted Chicken you'll need to go down Main St. to Arizona Joe's in Apache Junction for the best Broasted Chicken in Arizona. Let me know if you have any questions about the area and I'll fill you in.
Lstierw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 09:19 AM   #31
carlson
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3268
We left NH and stayed the weekend in Clinton, NY my wife brother is head football coach at Hamilton College, they won.
Then on to Minneapolis to see the kids, it there driveway til November 1, going to see the Patriots and Vikings Monday night game Oct. 30.
Then headed south to Yuma AZ, Cocopa RV park, over by the dog park, reservation for the winter.
Yes we should be headed south and not in Minneapolis, cold but doing well.
carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 04:08 PM   #32
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Has anyone been to Superstition Sunrise Rv resort in Apache Junction, Az. It has been recommended to us by some folks in another camping group we belong to. We see the web site and spoke to the folks there but a personal report is a much better indicator. We are already booked at the Havasu rv resort in Lake Havasu, Az for the month of Jan and are looking for a place to roost in Feb and perhaps March. We will also be doing Quartzsite( for a very short time) as Helen wants to see the "gem show' although camping in a barren wasteland is not exactly what I had in mind when we bought the 3400....
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 05:37 PM   #33
thook
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3100
We will be going to Casa Grande right after Christmas and staying at Palm Creek Golf Resort for two months then down to San Carlos, MX for a few weeks before heading home.
thook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 08:17 AM   #34
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Sue and I just made reservations here at Havasu for the last of November and the month of December at the Islander, a 4 Star resort. It is the best place we have ever seen.... We have a double wide spot, you can park a boat, your truck and a golf cart if you have one. Right on the water, just a mile from the London Bridge in town.
We will be leaving as Richfaa gets here. We are then headed to South Padre Island for a month or two.
Hope to see some of you guys here.
We leave here tomorrow, 2 weeks or so in K.C. then back here.
Ozz
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 05:15 PM   #35
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Jim and Sue, we still owe you that breakfast so if you have time while you're back in kc, let us know.
Old 10-23-2006, 07:00 PM   #36
THE BAILEY BEARS
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #300
We have been at Golden Vista RV Park in Apache Junction since 10/1. Going back to Colorado 11/1 for the holidays and then we'll be back to Golden Vista for January through March. Great park with good views of Supersition mountain.
THE BAILEY BEARS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 05:20 PM   #37
Jim
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #865
We will be leaving here, on Friday the 25th for five months. We have a reservation at Emerald Cove in Earp, CA. from Dec. 15 for a week then over to Casa Grande at the Casa Grande Golf and RV Resort just west of town for about a month. We will have the WiFi up if anyone wants to get together for a cup of tea.(Ya).
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 10:26 AM   #38
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We just did our second round of reservations in AZ. We will be at the Havasu Rv Resort in Lake Havasu City for the month of Jan and just signed up for Feb at the Superstition Sunrise Rv resort in Apache Junction, Az..Looking for a place for March...
Old 11-03-2006, 02:48 AM   #39
tweir
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #572
We are going to Turquoise Valley in Naco AZ over the Holidays----I'll post a review upon our return. Here is the URL that gives rates etc.:
http://turquoisevalley.com/www/rv/
tweir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 12:37 PM   #40
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Just a note about wintering in Az...We found no trouble at all in getting reservations at good C.G's for the prime Months of Jan, Feb, March although we were advised by many, many folks that we needed to make reservations way in advance.We never made a phone call till two weeks ago. Same for Flordia, In both States the C'G's would say the same thing..."we are filling up fast" Well do you have a opening now...well yes we do...OK I will call back. Call back in a month or so and they are still"filling up fast" but have openings.. Me thinks the economy is keeping a lot of folks home..