Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 05-23-2014, 11:55 AM   #1
dpam
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10119
Anyone use the Cargo Caddy Bike Rack from CW

Does anyone use the Stromberg Carlson Cargo Caddy Bike Rack from Camping World? I have a cargo carrier that I have on the back of our 3150RL and I'm wondering if the bike rack that attaches to the cargo carrier is a safe and secure means of carrying
two bikes. I'm also wondering of the tire holders are long enough to keep the bikes steady. I know that I would still have to strap the bikes to the cargo carrier.

If anyone uses this type of bike carrying solution I greatly appreciate your feed back on whether this is a good or poor bike carrying solution.

dpam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 12:09 PM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
This is the one we have used for the last three years:http://www.amazon.com/Lund-601010-Hi...+cargo+carrier When you look at the frequently bought together section you can see the add on bike rack. It works for us, but we tie the bikes down really well as putting the tires in the slots. The tire holders bolt on to the carrier so could be used with any similar carrier.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 05:59 AM   #3
Rainer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13378
Send a message via MSN to Rainer
We use a hitch mounted rack from Camping World, but not one that leaves such a large platform hanging off the end of our Monte. You'll find you'll probably be scraping and maybe even damaging the rack and/or bumper when going through dips or inclines such as in to and out of service stations.

Instead we purchased this:

http://bit.ly/1ienwzS

and

http://bit.ly/1ienAzN

This is the way to go!
Rainer is offline   Reply With Quote