Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HEY KEYSTONE! > What I'd like to say if...
Click Here to Login

Old 03-06-2005, 11:56 AM   #1
trukdoc
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2220
Send a message via MSN to trukdoc
New Montana's

Just returned from a two week vacation. Being a proud owner of a Mountaineer and member of MOC. I talked to every Montana owner I could see trying to meet MOC members. In two occasions I met owners of 05 Montana's and several owners of older units. The owners of older units had nothing but praise for their trailers. However the owners of the new units had nothing good to say! In reference to posts here in the MOC on this subject. It has been explained that Keystone has had a substantial increase in sales. I can picture a situation in the factory that pushes the workers to get the units out. If the quality control diminishes and the quality of the products deterioates. The name you built that created the growth in sales will be the same name that causes the sales to crash as the word of mouth catches up.
I am pleased with the Mountaineer I bought. I have a couple of things to be fixed but nothing big. I will contact my dealer now I am back.
As a consumer I would rather wait for my trailer than accept a unit with numerous deficiencies. When I ordered my trailer my dealer told me 6 weeks. I could have waited 8-10-12 or 14 weeks as long as the wait time is up front. As for the Montana name. If someone opted for another unit rather than wait and they had problems. Then at least they would be saying haw they wished the had waited rather than cussing the unit with flaws!
The other issue that came up was the lack of support from the dealer.
I hate to see a great product go downhill, especially since I own one.

trukdoc is offline   Reply With Quote