Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 03-24-2005, 05:37 AM   #1
krvk
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #3191
Wrinkled Awning

I did a search and didn't find anything on this subject. When we purchased our new '04' Montana 3295RK the awning was very wrinkled, We put it on our list if things for the dealer to fix. Well, they adjusted it two different times and it it still looked bad, so they told us it was because it had one short arm and one long arm and that the other new trailers on thier lot were also wrinkled! I took a tour of thier lot and out of (7) other units I found (2) that were wrinkled (not as bad as ours). So I e-mailed Dometic Co. (the maker of the awning) about the problem and they got back with me right away and then they got with the dealer and had them measure the awning. Material was not cut square (2" different). They sent the dealer new awning material and no wrinkles now. We were very close to ordering a new awning which the dealer was going to charge us $$.

krvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 06:03 AM   #2
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Glad to see you got your awning problem solved. It's a shame that we have to go over the dealers head. We have said it on here numerous times, if the dealer doesn't give the satisfication you want than go directly to the manufacturer. There have been numerous reports on here where the manufacturer was contacted and the problems were solved quickly. Once they have your money most RV dealers, just like auto dealers, would like it if you would just disappear. It's the old "don't call us we'll call you" mentality
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 06:05 AM   #3
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
krvk

Congrats on the follow through and the new fabric. Sometimes we just gotta do the leg work on the research of the solution ourselves! Thanks for the post, might help someone else some day!
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 12:08 PM   #4
Bill Hill
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1344
krvk,
good for you! It's obvious that your dealer didn't know what he was talking about and was taking the easy way out. The others are right, go directly to the mfg if you don't get an answer that makes sense.
Bill Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 02:44 PM   #5
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
One of my personal mantras has long been that perseverance furthers; thank goodness for your going the extra mile. You know, I sometimes think dealers—RV, auto, whatever—believe we won’t do that, and in many cases they are correct.

Still, good for you!
Wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote