Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 01-24-2019, 12:40 PM   #1
rickbecker
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #13543
Splendide washer/dryer does not complete dry cycle

Splendide washer/dryer does not complete dry cycle – As this just happened to us, I thought it might be worth a re-visit.

2013 Montana 3150RL so the Splendide WD 2100XC is in the very front of the RV in the middle of the clothes closet, enclosed on both sides with the bed in front of it. Pain in the butt to get to anything but the front of the washer/dryer. The unit washes fine but then starts with the blinking lights shortly after the drying cycle starts. Reading the ops manual and the training manual did not help much as the blinking lights did not match anything in the manuals that I could find.

The blinking lights were just to the right of the Splendide badge with green lights on buttons Low heat, Pre wash and Low spin and a red blinking light on the door lock. The third button to the right, extra rinse, was NOT blinking. Internet search found that this combination means that lint has built up blocking air flow and needs to be “flushed”. I had my doubts about this process, but it was certainly worth trying before tearing the unit apart. Bottom line – it worked!

First, you need to be hooked to sewer and whatever gray tank valve open as this process uses a lot of water. Also, I found one post where Splendide is recommending that you use a product called “Affresh washing machine cleanser” as part of the process (here is a link: https://smile.amazon.com/Affresh-Was...achine+cleaner)

Here are the steps to follow to correct the condition:

STEP BY STEP:
Put in a package of “Affresh”
Select NO dry time
Select cycle #11
Press Start – this will start the fill process – it is important that you get the water to above half way on front glass of the washer!
If drum does not fill to half way up glass:
Press and HOLD Start to cancel cycle after the “fill” stops
Press Start (this will restart the fill cycle and add more water)

When water is above half way up glass:
Press and HOLD Start to cancel cycle
Select cycle #2
Select Extra Rinse button
Press Start and run full cycle

Clean any visible lint from inside drum and door area
Repeat this process two more times, then try the dryer

The first time I did this, I had to repeat the fill process 3 times to get the water up high enough. On subsequent cycles I had to repeat twice. Cleaning out the drum between iterations was indicative of what was causing the problem.

Seems like this should be covered as part of machine maintenance as these things have no lint trap. Anyway, it is now on our monthly to do list. Hope this helps someone else along the way!
p { margin-bottom: 0.1in; line-height: 120%; }a:link { }

rickbecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 06:06 PM   #2
1retired06
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12156
Thanks for posting. We do experience small amounts of lint buildup at the exhaust vent, easily cleaned. Never to the extent posted above.
F350 crew cab dually 6.7
1retired06 is offline   Reply With Quote