Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 08-30-2009, 11:47 AM   #1
Toneman56
Established Member

M.O.C. #9607
Wingard carryout

Just bought a new Winegard Carryout and will take it out (and rv of course) for a trial run this weekend. Just needed to ask a few questions;

First off I have an 06 3600RE with the rear entertainment. In the entertainment center are two jacks one with a jumper from top to bottom jack and another single jack with goes to the TV above. I will be conecting to a DISH 211 receiver.

1. In the entertainment compartment I unhook the top jumper and hook up the satellite input to this. The single jack plate is unhooked and placed into the TV out on the Dish receiver. Is this right?
I did do a search and found this diagram but my unit only has one cable jack on the out to TV.

http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35217

2. Will I have any satellite/cable/air reception in the front bedroom?

3. Is there anyway to also have offair signals through the DISH receiver like I have at home?

Sorry for the long post and many questions, but I am new to the fourm and releatively new to RVing. I have really enjoyed reading and have already made a few mods thanks to you guys.

Toneman56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 01:19 PM   #2
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
First, Welcome to the MOC toneman56!

Item 1. is correct.

Item 2. When you do that and you turn off the antenna boost (in the master BR closet, or whereever it is in your rig), your satellite receiver will show on any television (either or both TVs, whichever is turned on). The problem is that if you have the receiver in the LR where the jumper is located, you won't be able to use the Satellite remote if you are in the BR. To solve this problem I purchased an IR Remote Extender - the IR transmitter is in the BR, then transmits to the IR receiver that is aimed at the satellite receiver "remote eye" in the LR. If you turn on the antenna boost, you will receive air signals, but if you are receiving Satellite why bother.

Item 3.: If you are referring to the offair coax jack on the back of the satellite receiver I can't help with this one. At home we don't use offair signals because where we live they are pretty awful. We use DirecTV and have selected the local channels for our area and they are beamed to us into the satellite receiver so that we don't need an offair antenna. This means we get better and more local channels combined with our DirecTV programming.

There is a fourth option but requires a lot more work. I use a splitter at the jumper. One output goes to the living room receiver and the other output goes back in the wall. Then in the bedroom I put another satellite receiver for the BR television. This allows me to have separate setups for the LR and the BR. We sometimes have guests staying with us (they are in the LR) and they appreciate their own setup that does not affect what we see in the BR. If I had only the one receiver that sends its signals throughout the rig, then the person with the single remote controls what is shown on both televisions. I hope you can understand what I'm rambling about.

In the MOC there is no such thing as a long post or a dumb question. If that were the case I would have been kicked out a long time ago. (I like that your Ford has an "attitude".. :-) )
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 01:45 PM   #3
Toneman56
Established Member

M.O.C. #9607
Thanks for the reply Art. My DW was worried about the br tv not working on satellite. Its fine if the br and the lr tv are on the same channel the dogs usually like the same stuff that we do .

Toneman56 is offline   Reply With Quote