Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 08-15-2009, 03:28 PM   #1
RADHAZJOE
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3149
Much larger reefer.

Would also like a much larger reefer with an Ice make. I heard a rumor that the 2010 3400RL can get the reefer but they will not put in the icemaker although the reefer is prepped for it.

RADHAZJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 04:01 PM   #2
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Wow, never quite heard of it spelled that way. I have heard fridge, I have heard refer, but a reefer brings a different vision to mind.

If you can find out the manufacturer of your fridge, maybe you can get the icemaker in yourself. The hard part is running a water line to it.

We carry a portable icemaker in our "garage" when the need for a lot of ice comes about. We don't have that large of a fridge to take up any freezer room. I don't know that a larger RV fridge will solve that problem. Hopefully others can comment.

I hope you are able to get what you desire.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 05:34 PM   #3
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
We have the four door fridge in our new 3455SA, however we do not have the ice maker, not sure it is even offered in the Montana line.
We use 4 ice cube trays and a freezer box to keep excess ice in. When we need extra ice, we make it and put it in the box and make more ice in the trays. So far, that has been plenty ice to keep the drinks cool.
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 05:36 PM   #4
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
We have the large Fridge and it has a Ice maker, it also has water on the door and works well. As for the water line depending upon the location of your Fridge the water line isn't a big problem. Ours run inside the basement just tapped off next to the water manifold and can be turned off. Out Fridge is a Domentic, however norcold has about the same system I think. We also have plenty of freezer space. GBY......
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote