Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 10-03-2006, 03:23 PM   #21
Mac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4624
Carol,

Dang that Murphy guy, he bites me more often!

mac

Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 04:18 PM   #22
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
When I used to blow out the lines I was told no more than 35 psi. Mike, blowing out the lines is an option to the antifreeze rather than a supplement, although you could do both if you want. Some are not comfortable that blowing out the lines really gets all the water out. Others don't worry about it.

Re the checkvalve, you can push the pin or just remove the hose from the valve if you can get to it on the inside. Twice I had the o-ring pushed out of place when the checkvalve froze because I'd not release the pressurized water at the valve. Once I was able to work the o-ring back in place. The other time I had to replace the city water assembly. This was when using antifreeze. I did not have to worry about this when I used air pressure because the air fitting connected to the city water inlet and cleared that checkvalve by default.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 06:33 AM   #23
PowellsMonty
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1967
What and where is the check valve? Does a 2003 3295RK have one?
PowellsMonty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 08:16 AM   #24
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
The checkvalve is behind the screen on the city water inlet. Pry out the screen and there is a white pin behind there. That checkvalve allows water to flow in but not back out. Our 2003 3295RK had it as do, I think, just about all city water inlets. It's easily overlooked when winterizing.

On your 3295RK you can reach the back of the inlet from the water pump compartment, bottom of the curio cabinet. If you remove the hose from the valve then you shouldn't have to worry about the valve freezing with water inside. Just don't forget to put that hose back on before you try to fill the tank next spring!
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 08:24 AM   #25
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
I just winterized my Montana this morning and did pretty much the same as the above posts using the pink plumbers antifreeze. I have the Splendide washer dryer and here is a link to the two methods they suggest to winterize. Just scroll down to the second page on the manual and they give very simple instructions. I used the optional method that ensures your water lines to the machine are winterized. It took 4 gallons to do the entire trailer and the Splendide.

http://www.splendide.com/manual_wd2100_2000s.pdf
Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote