Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 07-20-2006, 03:15 AM   #1
pud2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4142
washer/dryer

Just wanted to give update. I had the kenmore stackable washer dryer installed in our unit and it works great. Was a tight fit but the price was also great. Payed $760.00 w/tax from sears verses $1100.00 wo/tax for the majestic stackable. The mod. was 87732. Just wanted to let you know of another option for washer/dyer. It runs quiet also. Another reason i went with the kenmore is the parts availibilty and the ease of repair. There are more people who are familiar with kenmore than the others for repair if you have to have someone fix if that ever occurs if you are not able to repair yourself.

pud2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 01:36 AM   #2
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Good info Darrell,
Did you have any trouble with the vent hole, and how high is it? What outside vent cover did you choose? I got the stackable Maytag from Sears, I went with the 220 dryer, I wired it all up, but the W/D is still in my detached garage, I have the 3400Rl all apart doing wiring and my additions and Mods right now, looks like a Tornado went through it! Good luck with your rig.
Ozz
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 07:21 AM   #3
pud2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4142
Ozz

I had the dealer install the units. The vent cover is a flush mount with the lovered flaps and it is probably 6ft. off ground.
Old 07-21-2006, 01:25 PM   #4
CanDo
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2106
We have the 2004 3670 with the w/d closet up the steps in the bedroom area, forward of the commode room. If you had a w/d installed after market, what did you install? Who installed it? We've done lots of measuring and find that the Kenmore mentioned above wouldn't fit through the door openings. Can't get it up the stairs. Any ideas? We're going to go full-time next June and are looking at a w/d whether a combo unit or stackable. We've read many threads concerning w/d in the rigs, but finally got down to the business of measuring. Any/all info would be greatly appreciated!
CanDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 01:33 PM   #5
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Chris

Cannot say for sure, bout your unit, but when we asked a dealer about installation of a W/D, he told us they had to take all the doors and trim off to get them up the stairs and in the closet. Not sure that is true, but Al's measurements sure seemed to indicate that would be the case. It was another nail in the coffin for a w/d for ole Carol, as he was not willing to let the dealer do that kind of rip and tear on our unit.
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 02:07 PM   #6
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Luckily I have a wife that wouldn't have a W/D in our rig. Most W/Ds are too small for a full load she was accustomed to in the stick house and the dryers are not nearly as efficient and therefore take much to much time washing and drying the clothes. It is simpler to take the clothes to a laundromat and within an hour and a half it is done. I also feel it is a lot of extra weight that could be used for other stuff.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 02:07 PM   #7
CanDo
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2106
Carol, thanks for the quick response! We were thinking pretty much the same thing about having to remove the trim and doors. I'm just not sure how long we'd be happy having to go off to the laundry room (or laundromat) since we are going to full-time. Will let you know what we decide! Safe travels!
Old 07-21-2006, 03:37 PM   #8
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Chris,

Even tho I still at times would love to have a Splendide, we feel much the same as does Glenn about the w/d. The trip to the laundrymat is not that bad, I know some of the MOC people have expressed some situations with dirty washers, ruined laundry, etc. I have not had any of those situations come up, YET. I do the laundry about every 10 days. Have gone 3 weeks, that was a lot of laundry. Al and I were both sick, and I really did not care if the laundry got done, and we had enough clothes, so, it waited till we felt a LOT better.

We are not full timers, but have done 3 to 4 months at a stretch.

And, then there is the cost. Those machines cost a LOT of coin! I can do HOW many loads of laundry for that $1,100 ??? OK, some math wizard can figure it out. If I spend $10.00 a week, how many weeks can I do laundry before I pay for the Spendide?? Make it $20.00 a week at the laundrymat, still a lot of weeks.

Truth is, after long timing in Tana four winters, with 4 yorks and my craft stuff and my research stuff and the computer stuff, to be brutally honest, we don't have the room, not even for a Splendide. SIGHHHHHH

Carol
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 04:20 AM   #9
CanDo
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2106
Carol/Glenn, lots of food for thought and I do appreciate your input. There are so many other big decisions to make between now and June - what to keep, what to give to the kids, what to get rid of - we may wait and see how things go once we're full-timing. We usually do a couple of loads when we're out for 2+ weeks, too. And we do have time to make the final decision. Sigh! Decisions, decisions, decisions! Ah, well, I hear the garage calling - it's time to start cleaning it out!
Old 07-22-2006, 05:57 AM   #10
Cat320
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5751
Any idea of the weight of the Kenmore?
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 03:20 AM   #11
pud2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4142
CanDo

I would think that there would be plenty of room to get the unit up the stairs even if it had to be the majestic stacable. Mine is at the entrance door and not upstairs. I know the majestic units are a little smaller than mine and they should fit.