Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Who, Where & When?
Click Here to Login

Old 04-11-2006, 01:17 AM   #1
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Waldens Creek CG, Pigeon Forge, TN

We are spending at week at this Passport America campground which advertizes itself as the newest campground in Pigeon Forge. The price is right, the WiFi is awesome, but it is cramped. It's big enough to get parked easily except that we got stuck in the new crushed rock. The owner was here for at least an hour to get us settled on the site. We're good friends by now. It's on the trolley route and on the road (Henderson Springs) to Cade's Cove, for those of you who know the area, right next to Creekside. So we're in a parking lot with trolley connections...what more do you need in P.F.?

jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 05:22 AM   #2
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
Glen and Judy ... oh you crazy kids! We just can't leave you alone for a minute or you get yourselves into trouble. By the way, did Greta maintain her station during this adventure?

I'm so envious of you guys being in the Smokys in the Spring. We were there last year at this time and it's just gorgeous. Also know exactly where there park is ... we were in Creekside for a brief time and saw them grading for that park. Have you been to Fuddrucker's yet? How long will you be there?
vickir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 05:49 AM   #3
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
We will be here for eight nights and we waved at Fuddruckers and Mel's Diner as we drove by. We plan to hit both of them while we're here. And we'll think of you guys! Maybe have an extra ice cream in your honor...

Greta was quite uneffected by the drive and, to be honest, I didn't pay much attention to her either. I was holding my breath, hoping we wouldn't meet any oncoming traffic. She always feels safe and secure in her truck. When we go over a bumpy bridge she is bothered by that and gives Glen a dirty look before looking at me as if to say, "Do you have any idea why he is doing that again?" It's quite funny!

The redbuds are in full bloom and we drove through some areas where the road was lined with them. So pretty. The dogwoods should be out sometime this week, adding to the beauty. Wish you all were here. But then the traffic isn't too bad as it is....
Old 04-11-2006, 09:18 AM   #4
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
Judy,
We just returned from Pigeon Forge on Sunday. We had planned to spend spring break in a Georgia State Park, but all were full. We stayed at the Eagles Nest just down the road a bit (Hwy 321). Where is this new campground located? Is it far from Creekside? We are P.A. members but the Eagles Nest keeps adding on additional fees making the price not much different that paying full price elsewhere. If you don't mind my asking what is the current P.A. price at Walden Creek?

We made a couple of visits to Mel's - best Sundaes in P.F. Enjoy your vacation.
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 11:03 AM   #5
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Lamar, we are paying $15.00 per night during the week for PA. Then it goes up for the weekend to $30.00. The only thing separating Creekside with Walden's Creek is a fence. The wireless connection is great and the owner was a great help last night when we got stuck. It is crowded a bit but manageable, easy in and out, and will improve, I'm sure.

Mel's is on our list. We went to Fuddruckers but couldn't find Steve and Vicki anywhere. Last year we went there shortly after we met for the first time.
Old 04-11-2006, 05:29 PM   #6
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
Thanks Judy. The Eagles Nest is $19.00 per day and the weekends are the same. Last year they were at $15.00 a day. So, comparing Walden Creek and Eagle's Nest, I guess it is pretty much a wash.
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 01:49 AM   #7
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
That sounds right, Lamar. If we were going to be here longer, I would choose another campground. The back of our trailer is right at the road and there is traffic noise most of the day. I just keep the shades down across the back as it would probably drive Greta crazy. But it's a good place for a short stay and the traffic is quiet at night. We're just glad to be here.