Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Boon-docking
Click Here to Login

Old 07-11-2008, 08:08 AM   #1
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
Speaking of Boon-docking...

Does anyone else follow The Adventures of Tioga & George?
If you haven't followed them you're missing a real treat. George is a full time vagabonder who stays away from RV parks and tries to stay every night someplace where he doesn't pay. I don't think I could live like he does but it's interesting to follow his stories. He is presently in Mexico. He has been doing this for about 3-4 years now and really enjoys his life style. He post almost every day what he has done. You might even pick up a good tip or two. Check him out!

On Edit: WOW, what timing, just after posting this I think his site went down temporaly. It's back up and the link is working now. You can also find him by Googling "Tioga and George." his url is http://vagabonders-supreme.net/

Old 07-13-2008, 03:52 AM   #2
genecurp
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2535
Why sure, we read about George from time to time. He has several tip pages, other than the blog, also. I find him interesting and different.

As to boondocking all the time like george, it is not for me. The inside of his class c was 88 degrees the other morning when he was fixing breakfast. He just doesn't run his air conditioner and he is now in the yucatan. At 3 gallons for 8 hours, a generator big enough for air conditioner and converter would cost $12 to $15 a day. I often - by staying a month at a time - get a cost under $20 a day.

On the other hand, he has found the freedom he was seeking and a few sacrifices goes with the territory.

Ain't like great?! We get choices, and we can change our minds.
Right now I am in my summer place outside Geneva (that'd be a 3295RK outside Geneva NY).
genecurp is offline   Reply With Quote