Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 06-13-2008, 06:11 PM   #21
Fire5er
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3403
Michael, I wonder if the NTSB would be interested in seeing your pictures? This is a serious safety issue, and as other said, someone is going to get injured or killed. If it is not fixed by Lippert then Montana needs to insist that it be fixed immediately.

What did the welder charge to make the fix? Sound like you did it right by fixing all hangers. Do you know if Lippert will void the warrantee if we make the same type of repairs on our 2007?

Fire5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 02:23 AM   #22
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
For Lippert to show that the warranty was voided they'd have to show that your actions made or caused a problem to be worse than the original. Since the "fix" actually makes their product better I doubt they could claim your action voided warranty. But I'm not an attorney and I did not sleep last night at a Holiday Inn.... or wherever it is that they sleep.

HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 10:04 AM   #23
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Something to think about....I had a leaky hydraulic hose and called Lippert thinking that the hoses are part of the Lippert system....Not so.. The hoses and fittings are provided to Keystone and keystone makes and assembles the hoses therefore the warranty is not Lipperts but Keystones (1 year) It was stated on this tread that the brackets were wielded on by Keystone so I am wondering if Lippert will claim the Warranty???
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 10:50 AM   #24
Crossthread
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6460
Steve, If I can ask,Does anyone know if the fix on beefing up the spring hanger brackets includes boxing both open sides of the brackets,or just one end?? Bill
Crossthread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 02:42 PM   #25
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Xthread,

I'm not certain but I think the box end is only on one side. Otherwise the "box" on the other side would interfere with the operation of the spring. Hopefully someone who actually knows will come along and give us the real info.

HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 04:09 PM   #26
Crossthread
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6460
Thanks Dennis, that's the way we did mine. Bill
Crossthread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 03:14 PM   #27
lightningjack11
Montana Master

M.O.C. #59
Steve,

I haven't posted in a while and thought it would be a good time. Sorry to hear about your shackle problem. I thought Montana had a good handle on this but from the looks of your shackle they have went backwards a little.

My 2000 with 8 inch frame had Montana Service advisory 008 installed and I thought it was good engineering. I was sorry they didn't carry through to the 10 inch frames.

The mod included a two inch rectangular bar welded to opposite shackles. 3 total. Then the four end shackles had three rectangular braces welded to the shackles.

The original shackles had a brace inside the shackles which is missing from yours Steve. ????

First pix shows two of the triangle braces.

Second pix shows the OEM brace that you don't have and the third triangle brace. Also shows the 2 inch rectangular steel bar beteen shackles.

Third is just another view of the second pix

Maybe Montana will see this and re-enforce the shackles.
lightningjack11 is offline   Reply With Quote