Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-12-2007, 06:10 AM   #1
rldriver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2801
Big Sky sleep and store system VIDEO (couch)

Here is a link to a video for the manufacturer of the "sleep and store system". Wow, what a design!!! It takes about 35 seconds to load before the play button comes up.

http://www.flairinteriors.com/sleep/sleep.html

They manufacture the furniture for the Big Sky and here is their home link. They are also in Goshen, In.

http://www.flairinteriors.com/index.html

My thanks to "Judyuk" for finding the Company Name.

Enjoy.

rldriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 06:23 AM   #2
rickety
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4855
Wow!! Thanks, I was wondering how that would work. It is coming with our new 3400RL. I LIKE IT
rickety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 06:39 AM   #3
traveljunkie
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6224
What a great design - I love the extra storage space for pillows and blankets. Now with my spacebags, https://www.spacebag.com/spacebag , I should be able to fit everything for the bed in the underdrawer storage.

We were thinking about replacing the sofa in our Mountaineer with a futon, but this looks much better. Thanks for posting the link!

Beth
traveljunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 07:39 AM   #4
rldriver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2801
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by traveljunkie

What a great design - I love the extra storage space for pillows and blankets. Now with my spacebags, https://www.spacebag.com/spacebag , I should be able to fit everything for the bed in the underdrawer storage.

Beth
Do you have a vacuum in your trailer to use on spacebags?

Dick
rldriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 07:40 AM   #5
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
It is an amazing new concept for a sleeper sofa. Those of us who were fortunate enough to see it at the Keystone factory tour were blown away by it. Apparently other brands are also putting it in their rigs.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 10:44 AM   #6
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
It is a great concept, and I was impressed by it. It seems that I am the only one who is concerned with the reliability and longevity of the air mattress and pump. My hide a bed gets used 2 to 3 days a week, every week for 6 months. That is alot of inflating and deflating each month. I will be waiting to hear from those of you who are buying a new coach and use their hide a bed often, to see how these new air beds are holding up in a years time.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 01:16 PM   #7
traveljunkie
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6224
Spacebags now has a version where you don't need a vacuum, which is good for me since I'm still working and travel a lot for work. It makes packing on the road a lot easier. Instead of vacuuming out the air, you roll the air out of the bag. There are one way valves on one end of the bag that let the air out, but don't let any back in. Items probably don't get as compacted as with the vacuum space bag, but it works for me. I just ordered a few more for our 5er.

I think there is a video on the site of how to use the non-vacuum space bags.

Beth
traveljunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 01:43 PM   #8
judyuk
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5363
Dick,
Thanks for the website.....if I'd found it yesterday I wouldn't have had to go into so much detail on how it works
Dave,
You have way too much company....if I were you, I'd skip the hideabed altogether

Judy
judyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 02:13 PM   #9
txkrumm
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5920
I gotta get me one of them. Too cool.
t
txkrumm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 06:36 PM   #10
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Judy,
Your right! My place is usually filled with folks come the end of May. As the temps rise, all the friends come out of the woodwork and want to spend the weekend on the river... lol! A normal weekend for me is 4 to 6 people, a normal holiday weekend is 10 to 14...
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 04:12 AM   #11
Fire5er
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3403
So that's how it work and what it looks like. I did not understand how there was storage under the seating area. Thanks for the info, can't wait until we get our new 3400RL in May!
Fire5er is offline   Reply With Quote