Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 01-21-2016, 06:50 PM   #1
egregg57
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #15998
Send a message via Yahoo to egregg57
Campground recommendation in South West Harbor ME

For the past several years, including prior to owning a Montana, we have attended a nearly annual rally in Acadia. Smugglers Den in South West Harbor has been our choice for a few reasons, the biggest being its location and the size of the sites.

If you have toyed with the idea of going to Acadia, you should pull the trigger and go. Acadia is beautiful. Many things to do and is a hikers paradise. Stores, restaurants, museums, tours, and activities enough that we have been 6 times and are not quite done yet!

Not far from the campground, on the side of the road you'll pass a wooden sign that say's RAT's Lobster, Mussels, Clams, etc, etc. Rat's is Richard A. Taylor. A local fisherman/Lobsterman. About a half mile down that gravel road is a simple house and a 2 car garage where you can buy the freshest seafood. You might even meet Richard. He is a character and everything you'd expect from a Maine Down-Easter, accent, attitude and humor. Great guy. That is where we buy our seafood for the BSD. The Big Seafood Dinner.

Feast your eyes on some of this!

The front of the campground is where the cement pad, big rig sites are located.

Smugglers Den site 109

North West Harbor

Little Cranberry Island (boat Tour)

Smugglers Den

Cadillac Mountain summit looking into Frenchman's Bay

Jordan Pond

Smugglers Den http://smugglersdencampground.com/

egregg57 is offline   Reply With Quote