Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > On the Road Again
Click Here to Login

Old 12-13-2008, 02:38 AM   #1
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Heading East North East

We are headed to North Carolina to be with family at Christmas. We have stops scheduled for West Monroe, LA, Tuscaloosa, AL, Stone Mountain, GA and Lexington, NC before landing at Rollingview Campground at Falls Lake State Park. We are scheduled to stay at Pavilion RV Park, Lake Lurleen State Park, Stone Mountain Park Family Campground, and High Rock Lake Marina & Campground. Have any of you visited these CG sites and if so, is there a reason you might have reservations about recommending any one of them?

stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 10:42 AM   #2
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
Stiles, we have stayed at two of the campgrounds you mention: Pavilion in West Monroe and Stone Mountain near Atlanta. Would have no hesitation to stay in either. In fact we have stayed at each of these on more than one occasion--at Stone Mountain many times.

Pavilion is a "suburban/commercial" park--not my personal favorite type, but when its in the right place it's fine. They did charge for WIFI the last time I was there. Maybe that has changed.

In Stone Mountain some of the sites require quite a bit of leveling, but we've always found it worth it. One time when we had a particularly difficult site, while I was struggling with it, a fellow came up on a 'four wheeler' and said, "I think we can find you a better site than that. Come back to the office." He was the manager and they gave me a list of sites to check out. We found a far better one--one where we were close enough to the headquarters to get WIFI in the trailer.

Have a nice trip
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 12:01 PM   #3
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Thank you, padredw, we appreciate you counsel.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote