Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Workamping
Click Here to Login

Old 05-26-2019, 02:53 PM   #1
MelDan
Established Member

M.O.C. #20380
campground host at Lake Mendocino CA

Hubby and I will be campground hosts with USACoE at Lake Mendocino, north of Ukiah CA, from July-Oct.
Looking forward to it!

MelDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 06:19 PM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
We've worked for the COE before. Hope you like it as much as we did. They'll be calling me again once the lakes start to go down here to go out and help them get the roads and campsites usable again.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 06:59 PM   #3
Mel B.
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19469
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelDan View Post
Hubby and I will be campground hosts with USACoE at Lake Mendocino, north of Ukiah CA, from July-Oct.
Looking forward to it!
Sounds exciting!! We haven't been there for many years. How much do they pay? What are your duties? I would be interested in the job details. Are you from the general area? Wife and I live one & Half hours from there. I know I can google it, but would rather here it from you.
Old 06-03-2019, 11:58 AM   #4
MelDan
Established Member

M.O.C. #20380
We don't get paid, but for one person working three days on three days off we get full h/u site for free.
We have never been to the area so are looking forward to exploring! If you want to tell us great places to go, please do!
We are from northern MN and love outdoor activities.
MelDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 05:52 PM   #5
Charico
Established Member

M.O.C. #24984
Lake mendocino

MelDan,
You will enjoy your time at the lake. The summer has been quite hot so check your a/c condition. Their are many places to see within easy rides. The Mendocino Coast is beautiful and has several scenic views and some redwoods. It will take about 1 1/2 hours from Ukiah. A trip up the 101 north through the Giant Redwoods which has sites starting in Garberville and further north. The Redwoods are unique in California. The Covid 19 problem prevents a lot of tourism and restaurants but they scenery is beautiful.
Have Fun,
Rick and Charlotte (Charico)
Charico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 12:54 PM   #6
shovelhead86
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10985
We have worked for USACE many times. We have been treated fantastically and would readily return to any place we have been. Some great opportunities out there with them.
We were even in North Pole Alaska for a summer.
shovelhead86 is offline   Reply With Quote