Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 03-02-2015, 01:03 PM   #61
Virginia Young
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14096
More update: Never did get anyone to call us back today. We did get a text from CW asking if we would contact Keystone, because they didn't get the parts today. Would have thought that would be part of their responsibility, but we left messages with everybody we had numbers for at Keystone. I guess they finally called CW because we did get a text at 5:00 p.m. CW called it a "communication issue." Apparently, Keystone doesn't magically send out parts that are approved for expedited shipping, UNLESS THEY ARE ACTUALLY ORDERED BY THE REPAIR FACILITY!!! Yep - Camping World of Bartow, FL, didn't order the parts on Friday like we were told. Order was placed this evening (including a new galley tank) and will be overnighted tomorrow. That means our Big Sky has been in the shop the past three days for nothing and will be sitting for another day and a half before the parts get there. I'm so frustrated.

Now, I know some will say that this is CW's fault and none of Keystone's. I would like to point out that this is the place Keystone requested we take our unit to. They scheduled this appointment (even though I told them I didn't want to go to a Camping World), because it was supposed to be so good. I will add that we have caught them in so many lies that it would be funny if it wasn't for the fact that we are homeless . . .

Virginia Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 01:09 PM   #62
Slink
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #15851
They are all liars sorry to have to say that we don't need to go into why don't trust any of the sob's
Slink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 01:26 PM   #63
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Dang and they had a master certified technician. Maybe you guys can stand out in front of the campground on Rt 27 with a Homeless rv'er , will work for housing sign.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 01:31 PM   #64
Virginia Young
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14096
Rich - I'll look for cardboard and a Sharpie and start work on the sign. At this point, not even ice-cream will help . . .
Old 03-02-2015, 01:36 PM   #65
Artemus Gordon
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12339
Lol "Master Certified"! Sorry I still processing that title! Is that Like " Really Really Really" good? Rich I agree with your idea!
Artemus Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 02:20 PM   #66
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Steve and Gina live right here in our development and our newest MOC friends .We get the latest news every day and it is never good. These are new full timers and the greatest of people. They do not deserve what they have been going through.
Old 03-02-2015, 02:37 PM   #67
Artemus Gordon
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12339
Not a good intro to RV lifestyle for sure. Glad they have a friend to help them through it! I will share their concerns with CW. My experience with them has not been stellar!
Artemus Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 02:49 PM   #68
Slink
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #15851
I believe they are overpriced and overrated for sure some of their sale items I can get much cheaper
Old 03-02-2015, 03:32 PM   #69
CORattler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10496
I WILL NOT take my RV to CW for ANY service. They held my RV hostage for 7 weeks, said my slide issue was fixed and took $1700 from me. They didn't fix it. They replaced parts that didn't need replacing and never tested their "fix". They did offer to look at it again and not charge me any "diagnostic" fees but I declined.
I'm on my 3rd RV Tech for this issue so I can relate to Steve and Gina. I just spent another $1300 for a new hydraulic pump in an attempt to fix the slide issue. The well is running dry. I'm hopeful this will finally fix the issue. We'll see.
Good luck Steve and Gina! I truly feel for you.
CORattler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 03:55 PM   #70
Irlpguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12935
Unfortunately we find this scenario all the time posted here and in conversation with non MOC members. The dealer claims it is Keystone's fault, Keystone blames the dealer and the stall goes on.
Dealers really do not want to do warranty work, they don't get paid the same as they would working on their own because the labor amount paid to them is dictated by Keystone.

We often tend to blame the dealer, and some are most assuredly deserving, but ultimately if Keystone told their dealers they were to make every effort to satisfy the owners of their product there would be different results across the country. Shift the blame is the name of the game.

I am hopeful Steve and Gina's issues will soon be worked out to their satisfaction. However should that not be the final result I am more than willing to contact Keystone and voice my displeasure at the way they are/have been treated. I fully realize this may not enhance my ongoing roof issue dealings with Keystone but I just don't care, if I cannot support another MOC member being treated unfairly then that does not say much for the type of person I am.

Hang in there folks, perhaps a less than "Master Certified" person will step forward and resolve your problem.

Irlpguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 04:03 PM   #71
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
One of the problems with CW is that there are a very few good ones and the rest run the gamut of average to very poor. Telling the difference without personal experience is all but impossible.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 04:25 PM   #72
Virginia Young
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14096
Thanks to everybody for the encouragement and support. I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that the most expensive thing we've ever purchased (next to a house), has the worst warranty and company support. We had a Montana 3900FB prior to this Big Sky and, other than a couple of very small issues, had no problems with it. We thought we were upgrading when we bought the Big Sky, but we have wished MANY TIMES that we had the 3900 back. 6 months ago, I told Hubby he would have a hard time talking me out of a Montana product. Now, it would be very easy.
Old 03-03-2015, 07:08 AM   #73
JnSWells
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #12081
Had a big problem with our Norcold refrigerator and after Norcold attempted to fix it over 4 times, we were told that's just how it is by Keystone and Norcold.. I wrote to Trailer Life action line and explained the situation and sent photos. Got a new fridge... Message from Norcold said they didn't want any bad publicity so they would replace it..
Give it a try..
JnSWells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 07:47 AM   #74
Slink
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #15851
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by JnSWells

Had a big problem with our Norcold refrigerator and after Norcold attempted to fix it over 4 times, we were told that's just how it is by Keystone and Norcold.. I wrote to Trailer Life action line and explained the situation and sent photos. Got a new fridge... Message from Norcold said they didn't want any bad publicity so they would replace it..
Give it a try..
x2
Old 03-03-2015, 08:16 AM   #75
Tom S.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7500
Steve & Gina, and a few others who have had problems, I really feel bad for you. Montana, like other RV companies has always had some quality issues. What set them apart though was their willingness to go above and beyond to get the problems resolved. When we bought our 06, we had zero problems getting issues fixed at the dealer we bought it from, and even when we had problems way outside the warranty period, Keystone took care of them at the fall rally, as they did with our 2013 model. It makes me sad to see posts like yours, as when a company treats me right, I support them 100%.

Having attended the past 5 rallies, I can say that the only thing I can see that has changed with the Montana brand is the upper level of management. The old (and I use that term figuratively since they were a lot younger than me!) management read this forum and while they didn't participate here, I know first hand they acted on what they read. I hope for both us as owners and the Montana line under these new managers that they too will read what is being posted here and act upon it.

Both I and Rich have posted here several times on the quality issues in the RV industry and how all manufacturers have failed to address it as the auto industry was forced to several years ago. The RV company who steps up to initiate what the autos did to improve their industry will in a few short years dominate the RV industry while the other companies play catch up. Service problems cost the manufacturer money, and eliminating the issues that cause those service calls is a sure way to create happy customers and drive costs down. The Japanese learned that lesson 30 years ago and beat the American car manufactures over the head with it for many years. It's a shame the RV industry and Keystone in particular won't follow that same path.

Good luck with your Montana and getting your problems resolved.
Tom S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 10:01 AM   #76
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Right on Tom. I agree 100%. I have stated recently that this is not the Keystone/Montana company of just a few years ago, Less than 5 years IMO. There has been a change in management philosophy and that happens in organizations all the time. I hope it turns around as The Montana line has always been in the RV industry in terms of Quality and Customer service one of the very best.
Old 03-03-2015, 10:28 AM   #77
akf15e
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9143
Sad to say things like this were a major factor in me not having a 3rd Montana. Loved our rigs, even with the issues (most of them minor, except for leaking tanks). However, when it came down to a tossup between a new Big Sky and the SOB we ended up with, two things swayed my decision. One was the apparent slide in quality of new rigs I was seeing based on fellow MOCers experiences of late. More important, however, was the lack of a remedy many seem to be getting from Keystone. Conversely, the SOB forum is monitored regularly by the manufacturer and their reps play an active role on the site. I've even had 2 questions I posed answered directly by a rep within 48 hours of posting. As Rich points out, I have no illusions that the quality of this SOB, or any SOB, is much (if any) higher than my Montanas, but I felt that I would get better response from the other company when things do go wrong. It's a shame Keystone won't step up. Ironically, both brands are subsidiaries of Thor. Perhaps Thor should get some cross talk going amongst its brands?
akf15e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 11:20 AM   #78
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by akf15e

Sad to say things like this were a major factor in me not having a 3rd Montana. Loved our rigs, even with the issues (most of them minor, except for leaking tanks). However, when it came down to a tossup between a new Big Sky and the SOB we ended up with, two things swayed my decision. One was the apparent slide in quality of new rigs I was seeing based on fellow MOCers experiences of late. More important, however, was the lack of a remedy many seem to be getting from Keystone. Conversely, the SOB forum is monitored regularly by the manufacturer and their reps play an active role on the site. I've even had 2 questions I posed answered directly by a rep within 48 hours of posting. As Rich points out, I have no illusions that the quality of this SOB, or any SOB, is much (if any) higher than my Montanas, but I felt that I would get better response from the other company when things do go wrong. It's a shame Keystone won't step up. Ironically, both brands are subsidiaries of Thor. Perhaps Thor should get some cross talk going amongst its brands?
Great post!! We know problems will arise BUT we expect a satisfactory response from the factory when the going gets tough.

I noticed on SOB forum a response to a member's question from someone who is the "Director of Owner Interests". Don't know exactly what the position entails and would dearly love to know who perhaps holds that position at Keystone. In the end though it's comforting to see someone listening AND responding and that will lead to future sales.

I guess from the above it already has!!!
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 12:03 PM   #79
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
This forum was never meant to be a "manufacturers" forum. It was started by a couple of Montana owners years ago as a place for people of like interest to meet and talk. As far as we know it is still privately owned by the same folks. Many thought that it was better that the manufacturer had no control over the forum and we were one of that group.

Keystone Montana has in the past monitored this forum perhaps they still do. Montana Division has in the past supported this forum in many ways and still does .The fall rally could not happen without their support and planning.

There is a area at the bottom of the forum titled....yay Keystone.. What I would say If.....They did monitor that area. I do not know if they still do. I have never in 14 years on the forum seen a response from a Keystone/Montana rep/

IMO it would be good business to have a Montana rep active on the forum. The down side is members who would use the space to trash, and abuse. Keystone does have a time at the Fall rally were we can offer advise and vent and it is not at times a pretty sight. There is usually a Montana rep at the regional rallies were we can provide input and we do.

Old 03-03-2015, 02:04 PM   #80
CORattler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10496
Steve & Gina,
Just wanted you to know that I have communicated with a Keystone rep regarding your issue. I sent this to Ashley Adamaitis Keystone RV Company Keystone Shoppers Konnection 574-535-2161.
She gave me a Montana contact: Aaron Good 574-535-2139 gooda@keystonerv.com

"I have been a member of the MOC forum since 2010. These are very good people and Keystone is well aware of their existence.
I agree as do others on the forum that there is a degree of venting regarding issues with their Montanas but Virginia and Steve Young seem to have a legitimate beef.
Keystone can dismiss this as disgruntled owners but that would be a mistake. People on the forum tend to buy 2nd, 3rd and 4th Montanas and generally are loyal to the brand. Inaction and non involvement by Keystone only serves to perpetuate the perception of apathy on the part of Keystone.
People will spend their money where they feel they will be valued and treated with respect. I seriously doubt that most are looking to get over on Keystone or looking for a handout.
People pay big $$ for these rigs and have a right to expect Keystone to live up to their warranty and ensure customer satisfaction within the limits of that warranty.
Thank you for providing the Montana representatives contact info.
If you don't already know, the Montana Owners Club has over 8000 members. Keystone would be well advised to listen to them."
CORattler is offline   Reply With Quote