Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 10-30-2011, 08:51 AM   #1
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
...and then I heard a big crash!

We just got back from our last weekend trip for the season. I will have to work on winterizing the camper now. Too bad this isn’t the climate for all season camping but we must so what we have to do at this time.

I must say that everything went very well it just came to an end too quickly. However when we were getting things together for the trip home we started closing the slides and then I heard a big crash!

Although it didn’t startle me because I knew what it was by the sounds of the water pouring from the big slide awning as it was closing the big crash turned out to be nothing more than a large sheet of ice that formed on top of the awning. About a quarter of an inch thick it all broke up as the water came pouring off and hit the pavement with a crash. No problems just very unusual for us to have ice like that when we are camping. The temperature this morning here was in the 30 + degree area with some frost on the pumpkin and a few windows to scrape.

Old 10-30-2011, 08:59 AM   #2
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Wow, and we aren't even in November yet.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 09:06 AM   #3
kdeiss
Montana Master

M.O.C. #164
The same happened to us in Statesville Nc on our way home from Fl. Sounded like glass shattering scared the hell out of us.
kdeiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 09:47 AM   #4
drsmart
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10690
Glad it was nothing serious. We've had that happen in past years during our last trip of the year which is in October. This year on that last time out, the weather was much warmer but lots of rain during the final days. There were quite a few wind gusts happening at times. Our main slide accumulated buckets of water and I was coming and going out the door getting things stored away for the trip home. They say timing is everything. The bad news is the gust that hit just as I was on the steps going out the door, sent only about 3 gallons off the slide topper onto this poor soul. The good news is after I moved away from the trailer, half soaked, I watched as the next gust dumped another several gallons where I had been standing. DW was in the window and was good enough to hold her laughter until I was out of sight

Dave
drsmart is offline   Reply With Quote