Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Long Timers
Click Here to Login

Old 01-18-2007, 02:29 AM   #21
timcarole

M.O.C. #4745
Dan we are on our secound rk. first was a cougar and we have a montana, have not had any problems aslong as you take your time and pack right. lots of luck with your new montana.

timcarole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 04:03 AM   #22
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Phil - Don't take it as a warning on the Corelle. They take the abuse extremely well. As Sue says, launching them across the RV is not normal, and they would have survived if they didn't hit the counter. After over 20 years and 3 RVs, we finally replaced them with a new set a few weeks ago.
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 05:21 AM   #23
Tom Gina 06
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5993
Phil,

We have 2 fivers still the first one is a Forest River Wildcat 28 RK (for sale). Pulling that to Missippi we encountered some very rough roads. Slowed as much as I could without becoming a traffic hazard. Well my TV is a 3/4 ton Dodge and I found that the rearend felt pretty spongy when I hit bad roads. Got to our destination and found many things moved around including the shelf falling out of the fridge. Not a pretty sight. I contribute most of the problem to the wonderfull highways and the fact that the length combined with the softer rearend in the truck did not work well together.

I put airbags in and never lost a thing after that. In fact on our way home from TX to SD last spring we left a big Sago Palm on the table by accident and it never moved in 300 miles. I believe that if your tow vehical is a one ton with the new mor-ryde you should have no problems. Like others have said we changed to a 3400RL because of 2 things the view out back and the counter space. Bottom line.... you have to go with what June would like because if Mama isn't happy nobody is! Good luck and follow your dreams..........

Congrates on joining the most fun addictive group on earth.....

Tom Gina 06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 08:45 AM   #24
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bsmeaton

Phil - Don't take it as a warning on the Corelle. They take the abuse extremely well. As Sue says, launching them across the RV is not normal, and they would have survived if they didn't hit the counter. After over 20 years and 3 RVs, we finally replaced them with a new set a few weeks ago.
I agree with that. The only problem we had with the Correlle dishes in 50k miles is that one and that was only because it fell out when we opened the cabinet and crashed against the edge of the counter. Awhile back we found more Correlle in a pattern we liked better and bought them. If we replace again someday it likely will be Correlle. I'm sure there are other good brands but these work for us.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 02:16 PM   #25
Native Tex
Montana Master

M.O.C. #375
Guys we have had a couple of difference kitchen locations in different locations. I like the center kitchen like in the 3400 RL only because it balances the weight of the unit, and of course gives the the rear window for a view.

Native Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 03:50 PM   #26
ArkieBug
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6706
Ol' dad always told me; son if you want to learn how to do someting, surround yourself with folks that have been there done that. June and I have started taking notes on all the info we have been reading on this and other posts. Ya'll are the greatest. I have already been able to narrow down my TV to a one ton 4X4. Don't know which make yet, but maybe a Jimmy or Ford. Sorry Dodge folks, but have never been a Dodge fan, even though they come with a heated tail gate option.

thanks
Dan & June
ArkieBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 03:34 AM   #27
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
Daniel ... as Steve mentioned, we had a 3295RK for quite some time. I think the secret to a successful "rear kitchen experience" is to keep the heavy stuff (pots, pans, canned goods) in the lower cabinets. I found also that if I filled in any "empty spots" before we traveled, it kept the shifting around to a minimum. Since we moved into our 3400RL, I have also learned that the non-skid placemats (rolled up) from CW work really well in filling in empty spaces.
vickir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 02:10 PM   #28
Cat320
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5751
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Daniel Abernathy

Ol' dad always told me; son if you want to learn how to do someting, surround yourself with folks that have been there done that. June and I have started taking notes on all the info we have been reading on this and other posts. Ya'll are the greatest. I have already been able to narrow down my TV to a one ton 4X4. Don't know which make yet, but maybe a Jimmy or Ford. Sorry Dodge folks, but have never been a Dodge fan, even though they come with a heated tail gate option.

thanks
Dan & June
Good choice with the TV.

Don't know if there is a Montana dealer in Little Rock or closer to you, we got ours (and a great deal) at Jamatt RV in Poteau, OK, just over the line.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 05:46 PM   #29
ArkieBug
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6706
Hey Bert, thats the place we are going to in march to look at the 3650RK. No dealer in LR, but the one in Russelville wouldn't talk with us. Their loss. Going to check out another dealer in KC to see who gives the best deal when we get ready. John put us on that one. We live in Royal so OK is only about hour and a half from here. I like your metal building. We are going to have a 40X60 to store ours in.

dan n' june
Old 01-20-2007, 09:23 AM   #30
Cat320
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5751
Dan...sent you a PM, forgot to include Jamatt's #, 888-526-2887 or 918-647-2307/2328/5880.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 10:46 AM   #31
deadeye
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6693
A little pointer on the building. Make sure the doors are tall enough. Doors must be at least 12 ft. 10 inches or 13 foot is better. Guess what??? I learned the hard way. I only have a 12 foot door in my shop. My Monte measures 12'9"..JB
deadeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 12:33 PM   #32
ArkieBug
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6706

deadeye,
don't you just hate it when that happens.
yep, told the folks that we are geting our building from that i had tp clear 12-9, so they figured 13 ft doors. thinking about double doors so we can drive through.

keep your powder dry;

dan n' june
Old 01-20-2007, 01:41 PM   #33
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Daniel Abernathy

Hey Bert, thats the place we are going to in march to look at the 3650RK. No dealer in LR, but the one in Russelville wouldn't talk with us. Their loss. Going to check out another dealer in KC to see who gives the best deal when we get ready. John put us on that one. We live in Royal so OK is only about hour and a half from here. I like your metal building. We are going to have a 40X60 to store ours in.

dan n' june
Dan and June, I'm guessing "John" is HemlockUSA and the dealer in KC is Naylor RV. If so, I fully agree they are an excellent dealer. Tell Barry, the owner, 'hi' for us. Or Pete, who was our salesman. We bought both of our latest two Montanas from them and if there is another will likely go to them again. We not only very much like the ownership and sales personnel but have been very pleased with Jim, the service manager. He has been very honest with me in situations where he could easily have ripped me off without my knowledge.

You might also chat with members "Bob and Lee". They live in Colorado and bought from Naylor less than a month ago.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 03:09 AM   #34
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
I was also treated great at Naylor RV when we purchased ours.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 07:23 AM   #35
ArkieBug
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6706
As ya'll see June and I changed our call sign. Figured I would be Arkie and at work they call June "Junebug". We apologize for any inconvenience or confusion this change may cause, but we thought it would be easier now than later.

thanks

Dan n' June
Old 01-22-2007, 11:39 AM   #36
SKOOBDO
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5293
My previous unit had a rear kitchen, and not once did anything fall from the cabinets. I agree with the one poster...if you secure your belongings anywhere in your unit nothing should fall out. I never had a problem with anything falling out of anywhere. Prior to moving any trailer the owner should secure everything and they shouldn't have a problem at all. It's all about the preparation. Good Luck and Welcome to the Forum! Allison
SKOOBDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 01:02 PM   #37
lwcdg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4726
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by ArkieBug

deadeye,
don't you just hate it when that happens.
yep, told the folks that we are geting our building from that i had tp clear 12-9, so they figured 13 ft doors. thinking about double doors so we can drive through.

keep your powder dry;

dan n' june
Dan go back and tell them that 3" is a little tight (this is assuming it is a standard truss ceiling is parallel to floor). We're changing 1 of our buildings to 14' and I'm still a little worried about is it high enough to work on. I may change to a scissor truss which will give me a cathedral effect (more height in center).

You do save pennies on size 13' to 13'6" or whatever sze but it is such a pain to change once built. I never seem to be seeing smaller trailers. They only seem to get bigger and heavier.
Just my 2 cents,
Best of Luck with your building
Chuck
ps sorry for going off on a tangent
lwcdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 02:12 PM   #38
ArkieBug
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6706
Chuck, you saved my bacon. Heck, I never thought about having enough room to get on top. I like the sissor truss idea. Will go back and refigure a 14' door and higher ceiling. Thanks for this GREAT insite, and your two cents may save me thousands down the road.

dan
Old 01-23-2007, 12:41 AM   #39
Garin1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2773
Dan and June, We have the 3650rk also and love it. Can't add anymore to what everyone else was saying. The rear kitchen was the determining factor for our last purchase over the Big Sky. This is also our second rear kitchen model from Keystone.

God Bless and safe travels
Garin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 02:31 PM   #40
lwcdg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4726
Dan and June, I'm glad that I may have "saved" you some $. I just didn't want to hear about a new building being "too short"!
Good Luck on the new building,
Chuck
lwcdg is offline   Reply With Quote