Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Full Timing in your Montana
Click Here to Login

Old 05-26-2006, 02:33 AM   #41
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
Mac, I'm gonna jump in here to say that you are right about those sand dunes. It's high time we stopped by. We have been passing them for almost 50 years (to and from Durango, South Fork, Creede, etc.) but have never stopped.

Of course, we go through Salida quite regularly these days. In fact, our daughter's business (ISP 'Internet Service Provider') extends service to Salida, as well as Leadville and Fairplay.

padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 03:17 AM   #42
Mac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4624
David,

They are absolutely incredible and are a "don't miss". There is a campground prior to entering the National Forest but it's kind of out in the open, still not bad for a night or two. I love Durango as well, love to live there someday too.

Sounds like your daughter is quite successful.

mac
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 02:33 PM   #43
Old GI
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4308
Our 9 year old Grandson is an eating machine, we try to plan our meals for the week. But, we still take too much and I end up hauling all of the stuff back into the house.
Old GI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 04:17 AM   #44
Chaser
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2310
Send a message via Yahoo to Chaser
I just caught up with this topic, so excuse me if I'm jumping on the "late show" (my usual thing); but I am with Vicki and Helen(?); We don't plan either, we'll buy enough ahead of our favorite foods to put in the freezer of the refregerator and that's it; Of course we have canned goods in case we aren't at a convenient location to acquire this n that; or can't bbq, weather,etc. but we try not to over buy ahead of time; which also forces us to shop in the place we are at - see the local area, etc - in other words - get up and get out.......and we try to BBQ as muh as possible. When you are on the road full time or extended time, it's easy to buy a lot and then have to account for the extra weight - so "Don't Plan too far ahead" - if you know you are going through a lot of area where you are likely to not have a shopping opportunity, then plan to cover those days and shop when you can. That's as much planning as this tired and retired head can take. (Ha)
Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 04:20 AM   #45
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
My philosophy is the same as yours, Chaser. Too much planning makes me a tired retired person.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote