Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-27-2008, 08:34 AM   #1
Fire1
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8237
Send a message via AIM to Fire1
HELP!

I am in the hunt for a new Monatana and need ya'lls help.
Can anyone give me a quick difference in the Units of the Montana line?
Mountaineer, Big Sky etc.

I have found the basic floor plan I like but after looking at the different units I am confused as to the linage of them.
Which is the base unit and which are the upscale ones?

Thanks

Doug and Robin Lookin for tomorrow from Orlando

Fire1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 08:45 AM   #2
6.7 CTD
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8114
They range in price and quality in this order...........lowest first.........Mountaineer , Montana , Big Sky...........that being said it all depends on what you are going to do with it.......weekends, or fulltime.........I suppose you could fulltime in any of them in Florida though , lol
6.7 CTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 11:33 AM   #3
skypilot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1846
Fire1: Welcome to the forum. As 6.7 said, Mountaineer to Montana to Big Sky - each are Montana products but just like buying a Chevy to Buick to Cadilac -- same basic chassis and design, it is the quality of the fabrics and components that change. As I recall, with each step up you pick up as standard features some of the prior models options (TV is optional in Mountaineer, standard in Montana and upgraded to larger/better in Big Sky for example. On running gear - Mountaineer has the standard trailer springs, shackles and wheels; with Montana you pick up option for TrailAire or other suspension plus shock absorbers; Big Sky has the same as I recall. It really depends on what you and your significant other see in fabrics and colors in the inside as they all change there as well..
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 11:57 AM   #4
Cyrus
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6535
The 2008 Montana’s have a dropped chassis in front of the wheels but I don’t know if the Mountaineer and Big Sky have this. As you go up, Mountaineer, Montana and Big Sky the price goes up and the some optional equipment becomes standard on the higher priced units. My Mountaineer had almost all of the options and put the sticker price up to low end Montana price.
Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 03:46 AM   #5
deadeye
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6693
One thing I might add. Don't go by the price that a dealer/salesman first gives you. They will usually give a a lot better price than that first one. The only one that can decide that is the buyer and seller if it is a good deal for both of them.... Good luck on your dealings and welcome to the forum. You can find out about anything here, if you ask. There is someone here that has been there/done that and it is good sound information...JB
deadeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 05:21 AM   #6
Fire1
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8237
Send a message via AIM to Fire1
Thanks to all that answered. I just got off the phone with the folks at keystone and they answered my questions as best as I could ask them. I did actually give them some help on thier web page as it was part Big Sky and part Montana.

I am going to order my unit today and hope to have it in 4 weeks (I hate waiting)
Robin, me and our two Yorkies are looking forward to hitting the road as soon as it gets here and I can get the Dodge set up for the unit.

Thanks again to all

Doug
Fire1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 05:24 AM   #7
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Congrats on the new Mobile estate. Keep us posted.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote