Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 05-12-2005, 04:20 AM   #1
BusyBees
Established Member

M.O.C. #1192
Keystone stepped up to the plate..

I posted here a while back about a slideout out of kilter on my 2004 Mountaineer. Well, just got the baby back from the dealer. They repaired the smaller entertainment unit slide and then surprised me with another repair. I knew the big living room slide was squeaking and I planned to lubricate but I didn't realize there was a real problem. The tech discovered one side wasn't going in as far as the other. He figured this is the way it was mounted at the factory.

The work order simply described the work as 2 major adjustments but I didn't see a price as the dealer was planning to call Keystone after I told them I had called and been told the company would cover it. Well, I am happy to report Keystone stepped up and covered all the work. Don't know what the repair would have cost me but I am just happy Keystone came through for me.

My thanks to Keystone. Oh yes, my thanks to our Lippert rep on this board, MIMF, for his advice....I'll be lubricating the rubber seals before we move those slides another inch.

Happy trekking everyone. Have a great summer.

BusyBees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 05:30 AM   #2
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
Always good to see a positive reply when Keystone steps up to help the final consumer. This is one of the main reasons our next unit will also be a Montana! Good customer service is a very important asset in the RV lifestyle. Thanks Keystone!
Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 09:26 AM   #3
Treecounter
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #162
We finely go our money back from the dealer. Our problem was the slide gears on the front room slide was sawing through the power cable in the basement. Montana made good on it in November and the dealer sent us a check last week.
Treecounter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 12:36 PM   #4
Montana_738
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #738
BusyBee,
I'm happy for you, sometime it takes a lot to get to the right person for help but Keystone will follow through if the problem was not from lack of care or abuse. That is the reason I would never buy anything but a Keystone product. When I had a problem with my roof I had to bring it to Goshen, the people their were so nice to me it was hard to believe.
Happy camping and good luck.

Bill
Montana_738 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 02:16 PM   #5
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
That's great to hear, BusyBees! And it reaffirms my experience with Keystone, too. Thanks for the positive report.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 02:45 PM   #6
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Comforting post. Thanks for the positive report.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote