Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-03-2006, 02:11 PM   #1
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Rich(richfaa) & Helen Write the Check.

Well we did the final PDI today. We did a 5 hour pre-PDI Friday April 28 and the 4 hour official PDI today.Find below a comprehensive and detailed list of both major and minor problems found during these PDI's.

None, Nothing, Zero, Zip, Nada..

Figured I had them on the flashlight but no they found it did not work before we got there and replaced it with a different brand.I a major critic of Poor workmanship and poor quality control am speechless..Well not quite.. a E mail with my congratulations for a job well done has been forwarded to the Montana plant manager and the quality control manager by Mark Krol, District sales manager..Credit is given where credit is due. It is in the driveway open for neighborhood inspection.Helen backed it in with hardly any trouble. The Mor-Ryde suspension and Mor-Ryde hitch pin make the 3400 a dream to drive.That big ole F-350 Dually rides like a Caddy with the 3400 in the bed and the V-10 is more than enough. Was not on cruse control and found myself doing 85MPH..got on cruse pronto.MPG not that it makes any difference but we did 12.8 westbound on the Ohio TPK no camper and a steady 10MPG Eastbound with a very empty 3400, Tow command on A/C on.Noted that on a long grade it dropped to 7.8 then back to 10 on the level. Now we expect to add 1k to 1.5K of stuff to the 3400. The truck has but 5500 miles on it so the motor is still tight.Someone said that a 8MPG or so MPG figure would be realistic and my guess is that will be right when loaded

Town and County Rv in Clyde are just great to deal with. They installed two max flow vents. two Interstate 12V deep cycle batteries the Duo-therm low profile A/C was installed by them for no extra charge over the factory 2nd A/C. Oh and a 50 to 30 map connector all for no extra charge. Helen got to pull it before I did.While I was looking at a truck I thought Dsprik might be interested in I noticed the camper was gone.Helen was tooling around the lot practicing backing up and parallel parking.She is such a smarty pants,,she did let me drive it home but would not let me back it into the driveway..she is a good girl.. Back out to fool with the camper....We are very happy campers..
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote