Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 05-24-2014, 01:51 PM   #1
HOOK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11401
Memorial Day

Our thoughts, our prayers, our thanks, all go out to those who payed the ultimate price for our nation. A lot of them were my buddies in Vietnam. All gave some, some gave all. Let us never forget!!!

HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 02:12 PM   #2
Bigboomer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12333
Amen Larry, we enjoy our Freedom because someone else was and is willing to sacrifice all for it!

We should remember that there is no greater Love than one man lays his life down for another!

So while enjoying that BBQ Monday take one minute at 3 pm for a moment of silence for*those*who gave all!

GOD Bless All our Real Heroes!

Les
Old 05-24-2014, 02:39 PM   #3
sambam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13166
Yes, not enough gratitude for the heroes who have laid down their lives for our freedom. As I get older, I realize, and appreciate, the sacrifices of our soldiers. In light of the latest news coming from Washington and the VA, I want the vets to know that not all of America disregards their sacrifice.

2010 Montana 3455SA, Mor/Ryde pin, wet bolts, TST 507, Progressive HW50C, GY G614
2019 Silverado D/A 3500HD LTZ DRW CC
B&W Companion
sambam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 03:23 PM   #4
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
My family of that generation both sides served in WW2.They were all sons of Immigrants who came to this country for freedoms they did not have and for a better life. Their sons did not hesitate to serve. Many of them enlisted in the weeks after Pearl Harbor one of them was in Pearl Harbor. They were in both theaters .US Army and Army air corps. Two both pilots were officers the rest just ordinary troops. They were combat engineers, paratroopers, pilots and infantry. They were at Pearl Harbor, Saipan, Guam, Normandy and on into Germany, Italy, Africa. One the combat engineer was among the first American troops into Mainland Japan after the surrender. They were all young men the oldest the pilot that was in Pearl Harbor went in in 1939 ands was a 25 year old bomber driver. The youngest lied about his age and went in the week after Pearl Harbor at 17 years old.
They all survived and never said much. We learned about what they did mostly after they were gone. As a young boy right after the war I would go to the North Side cemetery In Pittsbugh Pa,On Memorial day with my Uncle the paratrooper who jumped on Normandy and pulled a wagon filled with little flags that they put on the graves of their fallen. There were a lot of little flags. He told me to never forget and we fly the flag in his honor from Memorial day to labor day. They are of course all gone now. These were a great generation of young men who changed the world. we will never forget.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 03:42 PM   #5
K0LCB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13395
Larry, way too many of my friends didn't survive, we were lucky. Welcome home!
K0LCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 04:27 PM   #6
Sheepdog
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10354
We must never forget those who have served our Country; and to those special Veterans who made the ultimate sacrifice so that we may enjoy our freedoms and be with our loved ones. And never forget our POW/MIA
Sheepdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 05:48 PM   #7
JandC
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13272
This was a very special Memorial Day for us. We were able to arrange it so we are in a CG in the Phoenix area close to where my brother-in-law lives. He lost both legs in the Nam and has accomplished much in his lifetime. My wife is extremely proud of her brother and he is one of my all time heros.