Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-22-2004, 07:52 AM   #1
azstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #740
Mountaineer Going Away?

I looking at a new 315RLS Mountaineer TT at a park we'er at in Front Royal VA. and what doesn't make sense to me is, it has Montana on the Graphics and no mention of Mountaineer. Makes me wonder if possibly there merging totaly and doing away with the Mountaineer brand name. But maybe they just ran out of Mountaineer graphics or perhaps the owners took Mountaineer off and replaced them with Montana. Haven't seen the owner around to ask.
Very strange.
Anyone else seen this out there?

azstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 09:06 PM   #2
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
I had a 2002 315RLS TT that also had the Montana graphics on it. There was no mention of the Mountaineer logo anywhere on that coach. Have since then upgraded to 3400RL fifth wheel and it sure does say Montana all over it. =) Never did find out why the TT had the Montana decals on it.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 06:52 AM   #3
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Just checked the Mountaineer website at http://www.keystone-mountaineer.com but the only picture there shows the mountains and neither 'montana' nor 'mountaineer' on it. So I don't know what the story is. Did others on the lot have the same logo?

Also checked the press releases listed at that site and don't see anything about a merger. It does show that in May, 2003, Mountaineer doubled production capacity. And that in May of this year Keystone has a new manager.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 01:44 PM   #4
azstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #740
Still havn't seen the owners.
Maybe it's Montana Skys old TT. I thought it looked new but maybe it's a 2002 in great shape.
Montana Sky could your old TT have wound up in VA.? Oh and Montana Sky, we perfer TT's. This one is our 4th. A 5th wheel isn't an UPGRADE to everyone. LOL. Where would we put our Motorcycle?
azstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 04:27 PM   #5
paparonsr
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #168
azstar I agree that a 5th wheel is not considered an UPGRADE to me. Don't know where that idea came from--probably someone that owns a 5th wheel. The TT is my choice anytime for several reasons. Most of us have the type RV that we like and I would not consider any kind of RV to be an upgrade over another kind. The upgrade comes in when you get a larger one or a nicer one or just one that you like better than what you had, not necessarily a different type, but it could be. Just my opinion.
paparonsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 09:38 PM   #6
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Well since it looks like I started something, I will send out my apologies too anyone who took offense of my comment of the term "upgrade". To clarify what I meant, I was making reference about myself trading in my pervious TT with a length of 32' to my current fifth wheel at 38'. This was a very large move in size and styles of coach for me. After thinking about it I should have used the term "Upsized" my coach. I did not mean in anyway to lessen the value, or character of the Mountaineer line up. I too once owned a TT, and do not consider myself or the fifth wheels to be any better or worse than that of those on this forum. Again my apologies to any feelings that may have been hurt by my loose use of the term "upgraded".
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 03:23 AM   #7
Montana_655
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #655
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by paparonsr

azstar I agree that a 5th wheel is not considered an UPGRADE to me. Don't know where that idea came from--probably someone that owns a 5th wheel. The TT is my choice anytime for several reasons. Most of us have the type RV that we like and I would not consider any kind of RV to be an upgrade over another kind. The upgrade comes in when you get a larger one or a nicer one or just one that you like better than what you had, not necessarily a different type, but it could be. Just my opinion.
I agree.. For us it would be a great waste of a pickup truck, nor could we travel with 5-6 large dogs. We had the same issue with mobile homes. TTs are just the right way to go for us..
Montana_655 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 04:39 AM   #8
VanMan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9
Our 2000 305FKS has the Montana name and logo on the front and a small Mountaineer Model decal on the R/H side left of the front door where the model number is.
VanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 07:30 AM   #9
Montana_593
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #593
Our 2004 315RLS has the the Montana graphics but the name clearly is Mountaineer with smaller case lettering "by Montana"
Montana_593 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 06:32 PM   #10
Montana_1190
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #1190
We just took delivery three weeks ago on our 2005 Mountaineer 298RLS. It says Mountaineer by Montana on it.
Montana_1190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 10:21 PM   #11
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Send a message via AIM to RC and Samantha Send a message via Yahoo to RC and Samantha
I've seen many Mountaineers with the Name part of the graphics in many different ways as indicated in this thread. I doubt sincerely they will do away with them. When we saw Jeff Rank at a Detroit RV show the beginning of this year we toured a Mountaineer with him and he's very proud of them and always working to upgrade and improve them. The really believe they are here to stay.

Patty & Dick
RC and Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote