Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 12-02-2005, 03:30 AM   #1
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Hello from Hong Kong

Hello everyone,

It has been awhile since you have heard from me. Out of sight, out of mind. I have been very busy with the Church here in Hong Kong. Many joys and challeges have come our way. The church is doing well. There are 18 in my New Members Class. This is an English speaking Church.

The church runs about 250 on any given Sunday. We meet on the seventh floor of a 30 story office building. Land is at a premium in Hong Kong. We have outgrown our space and are praying and seeking solutions to the problem.

Dianna and I are in a 6th floor flat that over looks an area called Happy Valley. We can see into the down town business area and all the really tall office and apartment buildings surrounding the valley.

Traffic is really dense here. Even though the church has given me a Saab to drive, I don't drive into the most dense areas and neither do the native folks. Some Hong Kongers have sold their cars and simply rely on the Mass Transit System. It is also very inexpensive. We travelled all around Hong Kong and over on the Mainland side (called Kowloon) for sightseeing and shopping. After taking minibus, bus, ferry, Mass Transit Rail, and taxi, the entire day cost us less than $10 US each.

I miss being on the forum and getting involved with the discussions, but sometimes I feel a bit over whelmed with the tasks at hand. Our youth are going into Laos for a mission trip. Lots to do to get them prepared. Forty-three are making the trip if we can get all the passports through the system. Not all world citizens move around as easily as others.

Dianna is thoroughly enjoying her involvement with these ladies. They have embraced her and she has embraced them. This is a really good thing to soften the difficulties of transition. The stress of finding out how to function on the domestic level has dissolved her into tears only once in the months we have been on the island.

Our health has improved greatly since coming to HK. We walk everywhere. Walking here is not on the flat. For the most part, we are either walking up or down and often on significantly steep inclines. When we came, we had to stop and catch our breath and then start again. Now we just keep walking. It feels really good.

Enough, enough.

God bless you all.

stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 03:38 AM   #2
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Thank you for your wonderful report, Stiles. It is so good to hear from you and hear that things are going well for you and Dianna. What an adventure. It's a wonderful opportunity to touch others for the Lord. We've missed your posts but understand that what you are doing is so much more important.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 03:41 AM   #3
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
Hello, Stiles!!! How wonderful to learn how well things are going for you and Dianna. What a wonderful, exciting opportunity for you. And isn't it just the best thing that you're not only thriving spiritually, but also physically as well!

vickir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 04:16 AM   #4
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Stiles,
How great to hear from you. You may be out of sight but you were not out of mind. I assumed you were very busy and from your post, I see you have been. I am so thrilled that things are going so well for you and Dianna and for your church. You will remain in our thoughts and prayers.
Happy trails....................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 04:34 AM   #5
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Hi Stiles, thanks for the update, hopefully you will not be to busy to visit with us. Post a picture now and then so we can see what you are seeing.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 04:51 AM   #6
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
Stiles, it is good to see you post here! I was just thinking about your "adventure" the other day, so you have not been that out of mind over here!

Our church was having a missionary conference last month, and I was able to talk to a former missionary that was in China some years ago, and what you describe sounds very similar to what he shared.

Good luck to both of you as you spread the word and continue to get into shape!
Wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 05:40 AM   #7
udidwhat2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4825
Good to hear from you.
udidwhat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 07:26 AM   #8
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
Stiles,

It's great to hear from you. I'm glad to see that things are going well for you and your ministry. Please keep in touch and share your ministry and cultural experiences.

God bless,
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 09:55 AM   #9
FireTruckerWife
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1629
I, too, was thinking about you the other day. Have missed your posts, and I imagine that all the good thoughts for you, brought you to post so our concerns would be put to rest. Glad everything is going so well for you, and since we spent a week in Hong Kong on R&R when we were stationed on Guam, I do have a hazy mental picture of what you are seeing. Pictures would be appreciated when you have time, to refresh that memory.

Take care and enjoy.
FireTruckerWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 01:47 PM   #10
Charlie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3029
Hey Stiles....good to see you posting again, had you in the back of my mind and wondering how things were going with you across the deep blue sea.
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 10:33 AM   #11
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
Stiles, thanks for the update. Glad to hear you are doing well. What a great adventure to be in the service of our Lord. Merry Christmas.
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 04:29 AM   #12
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Great to hear from you, Stiles! Sounds like you are having the adventure of a lifetime and adjusting very well.

One of my pre-retirement employees is a native of Hong Kong and still has many ties. From his descriptions and yours Hong Kong sounds like a fascinating place. I, too, look forward to pictures.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote