Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-05-2004, 09:57 AM   #1
Montana_70
Montana Master

M.O.C. #70
Coming to you live from Naples, Fl

This is fla native checking in with her latest running from Hurricanes update. I haven't had time before now. It was really tough to decide where to run to but I hooked up Miss Montana and left Polk county last Thurs and went to Sebring to get my father. We waited until Friday morning to make our choice and decided Naples looked about the best place to be out of harms way. Turns out it was a good choice.

We are staying at Kountree Kampin RV resort about 5 miles south of the Alley and I-75. So far we still have power. We are getting wind gusts and some rain but not much else. We expect to be getting the SW end of the feeder bands for a couple of more days. I think this is the only time I will be in an RV park in Naples filled with other Floridians.

The downside right now is not knowing if my father still has his home. We are not getting much info on Sebring or Highlands county.

This running from Hurricanes is starting to get on my nerves. I interviewed for a great Job last week in Melbourne. I was to work in Palm Bay. Now I'm not sure that's going to happen from the looks of the place.

I thought Charley was a weird storm, this one is overwhelming. I think it has or will affect almost every county in the State before it's over.

Rob Cooley left a message on my voice mail suggesting I have a "Hurricane Homing Device" on LadyRam. I called and told him if I did I sure hope I left it in Polk county. I can't begin to wrap my mind around running from Ivan.

I hope anyone else in Florida is doing OK and is safe.
Montana_70 is offline   Reply With Quote